Static indoor bike with Zwift controllable resistance

bobones
bobones Posts: 1,215
My work is kitting out a new gym for employees, and I would like to have some kind of fit-adjustable indoor bike, usable by anyone, that has Zwift compatible controllable resistance. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of anything that works? I thought that the Cyclopes Phantom 5 fitted the bill, but it isn't as yet fully controllable by Zwift.

Comments

• I'm not sure there is anything that fits it exactly at the moment. But I'm led to believe that the likes of 'smart bikes' will be a thing in the near future.
  • bobones
    I'm not sure there is anything that fits it exactly at the moment. But I'm led to believe that the likes of 'smart bikes' will be a thing in the near future.
    Thanks, I thought as much. Looks like we'd be better holding off for a while yet.
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    The current Wattbikes link to Zwift etc I'm led to believe
  • But I'm also led to believe they don't auto adjust resistance, nor have gears which is a big part of the experience.
  • bobones
    Wattbikes only transmit power via ANT+: they don't have Zwift controllable resistance and you need to use a lever to change resistance manually. The Cyclops Phantom definitely has the potential to work with Zwift. but Zwift developers have been saying Zwift controllability is in the pipeline for a very long time now.
  • bobones
    I wonder if the budget will stretch to one of these? http://magnum.tacx.com/ :-)