Bike Updgrade - advice

nicamax
nicamax Posts: 3
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hey everyone, I want to get a bike updgrade to a full suspension bike. I currently own a Scott Scale 970 2016 and like how it rides. I normally ride XC and Trails but mainly XC. I live in Central America and we don't have a great selection, however we do have a Scott distributor, Specialezed, Cannondale and Trek. Which would be the best? Budget is around $4k which here doesnt get too much since prices are blown out of proportion. I really like the Scott Spark and the Scott Genius but the Specialized Stumpjumper or Camber aren't out of the question. A little advice?
I haven't ridden any of them given that the shops don't have these in inventory, they would have to bring it for me.

Comments

• There is also a Giant distributor
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you like your Scale then then obvious first one to look at is the Scott Spark RC range, light, fast and very XC biased. I can't find a website with prices in your region though.

The Giant Anthem is very competent, not quite as 'flyweight XC' as the Spark but it has a better controlled rear suspension if you are hitting slightly bigger stuff.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.