Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Favourite Motorhead song: A Poll

bartman100bartman100 Posts: 544
edited January 2017 in The cake stop
What was their greatest song? We should find out.

Fave Motorhead Song 9 votes

Ace of Spades
55% 5 votes
Ace of Spades
44% 4 votes

Posts

  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Killed by Death.

    I voted Ace of Spades though. Not sure why.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,387
    Ace of Spades - as performed on 'The Young Ones'.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9yv2NjyWs
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    IMHO best track is Overkill
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • It's neck and neck - this passes for entertainment tonight.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    IMHO best track is Overkill
    Never heard of it. Have you heard Ace of Spades? It's ace - google it.
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    bartman100 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    IMHO best track is Overkill
    Never heard of it. Have you heard Ace of Spades? It's ace - google it.

    I'm getting the impression this is a pi55 take thread.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    bartman100 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    IMHO best track is Overkill
    Never heard of it. Have you heard Ace of Spades? It's ace - google it.

    I'm getting the impression this is a pi55 take thread.
    What gave it away? Was it the 2 poll options for the same song? Or something else?
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    bartman100 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    bartman100 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    IMHO best track is Overkill
    Never heard of it. Have you heard Ace of Spades? It's ace - google it.

    I'm getting the impression this is a pi55 take thread.
    What gave it away? Was it the 2 poll options for the same song? Or something else?

    That. The wine thread. And the Joe Dolce thread.
    You've either won the lottery or been relieved of your duties from a bl00dy awful job.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • redjeepǃredjeepǃ Posts: 531
    +1 for Killed by Death
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,366
    motorhead, on the original 12"
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • eric_draveneric_draven Posts: 1,181
    Overkill just pure bliss
  • Bomber

    Magic song. But tbh they all are.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Overkill, Bomber or Stone Dead Forever
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Metropolis
    Born to Raise Hell
    No Class
    Capricorn

    The Overkill album is a classic.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • andy9964andy9964 Posts: 930
    Stone Dead Forever
    This. Especially the Golden Years Live EP version
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I had an auto graphed copy of Ace of Spades album signed by the classic trio when they did an appearance at Uptown Records in Bournemouth.
    In a period of madness in the late 80s I sold it, and all my vinyl rock collection. Doh!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • ukiboyukiboy Posts: 891
    On Parole or Die You censored surely?
    The only ones!
    Outside the rat race and proud of it
  • andy9964andy9964 Posts: 930
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I had an auto graphed copy of Ace of Spades album signed by the classic trio when they did an appearance at Uptown Records in Bournemouth.

    I have a Bomber Tour programme with all 3 autographs somewhere. Also had the blue vinyl album and white Motorhead 7". I gave them to my niece, who appreciates pretty much any music I liked when I was a kid
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Andy9964 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I had an auto graphed copy of Ace of Spades album signed by the classic trio when they did an appearance at Uptown Records in Bournemouth.

    I have a Bomber Tour programme with all 3 autographs somewhere. Also had the blue vinyl album and white Motorhead 7". I gave them to my niece, who appreciates pretty much any music I liked when I was a kid

    Bomber album in blue was another of my misguided clear out.

    I first saw Motorhead on the Bomber Tour at Bournemouth Winter Gardens. Supported by Saxon.
    I remember bricking it somewhat as the national papers had some articles about it being the loudest concert ever. However as fortune would have it my mate and I had front row tickets right in the middle. So the sound stack sort of bypassed us. Still bloody rediculously loud. My ears were ringing for a couple of days.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
Sign In or Register to comment.