• tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    change the title to inc spoilers .
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Cracking race that!
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Dont think i ve been that excited about a race since lemond and fignon...amazing.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SAAAAAAAAANNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love that

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(I may cry)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    That was a cracking race
  • Some mega GB cross success - wow

like the French junior who finished with only one shoe on - not sure how long it had been off
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Blazing Saddles must be fairly proud today (yet again!).
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    As someone who pays about as much attention to cross as I do to korfball, what's the story with these GB riders. Where have they come from? Is there some sort of cross academy program?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    RichN95 wrote:
    As someone who pays about as much attention to cross as I do to korfball, what's the story with these GB riders. Where have they come from? Is there some sort of cross academy program?

Nope. BC won't fund cross as it's not an Olympic discipline. Some of the riders, like Pidcock, Richards and Tullett, are on the junior development programme, but that's for their track, road and MTB potential (Pidcock won the GP Phil Gilbert on the road last year, the u19 Liege-Bastogne-Liege).

They've raced cross extensively in Europe over the past few seasons, and we've known we've had a talented group, but I don't think anyone was realistically expecting 4 medals today.
  • tim000
    evie Richards won last year . tom pidcock came 5th and Daniel tullet 21st and ben turner 27th .
  • Mad_Malx
    3 laps to go in the elite.
    Van aert and van der poel - latter with puncture
  • Mad_Malx
    Of the races I saw (women's elite, u23 men's and elite men's the latter was the least entertaining. No fault of riders, just the puncture pretty much decided the race at the halfway point.

Average speeds of close to 24km - not much slower than me on lumpy tarmac.
  • tim000
    gutted for MVP :cry:
  • Pross wrote:
    Blazing Saddles must be fairly proud today (yet again!).

But for shipping a chain and a last lap puncture, would have been well into the top 10.
    Most of the family were in Luxembourg.
    Myself and the grand parents were on track duty at the home of British Cycling, with Rachel.
    More double silvers.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    What's the story with Van Aert's tyres? Caught the back end of some discussion on twitter about people complaining he wasn't using legit ones...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    dish_dash wrote:
    What's the story with Van Aert's tyres? Caught the back end of some discussion on twitter about people complaining he wasn't using legit ones...

He was using the old, green Michelin Mud treads, but put on a new carcass by Dugast. There was nothing illegitimate about them, and he's raced on the same tyres before.

Michelin stopped production of these years ago, but they remain very sought after as they offered great grip and good mud clearance. Van Aert gets his from his team manager, Neils Albert apparently.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    andyp wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

He was using the old, green Michelin Mud treads, but put on a new carcass by Dugast. There was nothing illegitimate about them, and he's raced on the same tyres before.

Michelin stopped production of these years ago, but they remain very sought after as they offered great grip and good mud clearance. Van Aert gets his from his team manager, Niels Albert apparently.

Query/ question; If they're out of production - should they be allowed? The rules in cycling seems to be a bit 'wishy washy' when compared to say, motorsport - were cars/ equipment are homologated for X number of years; and then they can no longer be used.

Saying that - I've seen MVP has posted a picure on Instagram of his cars anti deflation system.....making jokes about his punctures is a good sign.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Thanks AndyP, appreciate the update. Not really an issue is there?

Do we have many instances on the road of a team/rider reaching back to old tech cuz it's better?
  • dish_dash wrote:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/pro ... ips-309215
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/38789815

Post-race interview with Tom Pidcock popped up in my Google feed.