Completely reflective women's jacket options...

churcum
churcum Posts: 66
edited August 2017 in Commuting general
Hi! I'm after a women's waterproof jacket to replace a very faded yellow Altura Nevis.
Those made completely of reflective material, as used by deliveroo couriers seem very safe. Does anyone know examples of them I can browse? And any experience of them - maybe they're not breathable?
Thank you!

Comments

• I have no personal experience but my lights seem to catch plenty of riders wearing these...

http://www.provizsports.com/en-gb/hi-vi ... g/l/womens
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I have no personal experience but my lights seem to catch plenty of riders wearing these...

http://www.provizsports.com/en-gb/hi-vi ... g/l/womens

I've been using the provisport gilet, and from what be been told my work colleagues ( who drive cars) its the best reflective jacket they have seen
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    the proviz is great .... but hot ... even this morningat 0 deg I got a sweat on ... if you go proviz get the vented + option as a minimum !

probably fine if you just cruise about ... but seriously, who got time fo dat !
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    They are only good in the dark. If you're riding in the daylight - car running lights aren't bright enough to make you reflective. A mix of fluo with big reflectives is the best solution. Otherwise you're riding around in a grey jacket. And its very boil in the bag.
  • fat daddy
    good point fenix

no way I would use mine in daylight .... it offers nothing ... it looks rubbish, its not reflective, its he same colour as the tarmac, its hot

when I was cycling in the autumn, I used to wear it in the morning when it was dark and cooler and mostly downhill .... on the way home, its light, warmer and the jacket gets thrown in my bag, if its a little chilly or raining I would thrown on a super thin lightweight top just to take the edge off .. that's white or flurescent
  • moarspeed
    moarspeed Posts: 119
    Check out the "Tenn" online store, I have some of their stuff, it's a fair bit cheaper than the competition and I have to say that for the price i've been quite impressed.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Get a jacket that has good reviews and you like. If you commute in - you can buy a zip up mesh gilet with loads of reflectives and in a fluo colour. Then you can wear it with any kit you want. I'd not want to ride in the pro viz in the summer.
  • fat daddy
    cougie wrote:
    I'd not want to ride in the pro viz in the summer.

what if you were going for a weigh in and needed to drop 3lbs of water weight .. I'd wear it then :D
  • churcum
    churcum Posts: 66
    Gosh,
    Thank you so much for all your help - I'm amazed.

We're having a look at either the new yellow/green versions of the Proviz, so colour for day and reflectives for night, but, they're a bit pricey, so will try and check out a fitting, and the breathability of these newer ones looks better....

If not. we can go for another midrange jacket and maybe add more reflectives...

Cheers again everyone!
  • zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    When a driver I am a fan of reflective pedals or at least ankles, too. The movement + reflective is good idea, hugely catches the eye. A jacket may not be as obviously moving.

People say my Altura jacket (not all reflective, bright pink with some reflective bits) is very eye catching.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Keep your speed under 10mph (flatlands) and any jacket becomes breathable.
    Some jackets make you yearn for those early mornings at minus 8.