On-One 45650b build advice

mcvw
mcvw Posts: 270
edited January 2017 in MTB general
Hi,

I shall soon be in possession of an on-one 45650b frame (in super raw finish) which I intend to use for riding the local hills and trails in West Sussex.

I've got an idea of what drivetrain Id like (1x10, 11-40 or 11-42 cassette) but I'd appreciate suggestions for group set, forks, seat post, stem, bars, brakes, wheels, tyres etc.

Budget wise I'd like to keep costs within reason (approx £600) so i will aim to go for good (reliable/tried & tested) used components where it makes sense to.

Also, and as much as possible I'd like the components to complement each other - rather than end up with a Frankenstein/hotch pitch bike :D

All suggestions welcome, and all greatly appreciated :)

Thank you,

Mike
2016 Handsling Bikes A1R0
2014 Giant Defy Composite 1
On One 4560b

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd go and buy a Trott MTB1 from Halfords

£430 (less with BTC membership and top cashback) will give you brand new 120mm Raidon air fork, wheels (Formula, not the best but far from bad), and 1x11 NX Groupset and sundry components (even the headset will fit), plus you'll have whatever brand new parts you don't want to sell on.

While those parts may not be top draw, unless you buy used you won't match it with your budget.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mcvw
    mcvw Posts: 270
    Thanks, I hadn't considered buying a new (entry level?) complete bike and transferring the components. It's certainly an option - given the budget figure I stated. The SRAM NX11 looks interesting too...

My thoughts regarding components were SLX brakes, SLX rear mech/cranks, sektor/revelation forks.

I'd had no thoughts/preference on other parts ie bars/stem (Easton?), wheels (roam?), seat post/saddle.

Im guessing I need to increase my budget!

Thanks
    2016 Handsling Bikes A1R0
    2014 Giant Defy Composite 1
    On One 4560b