Rise Above Sportive 2017 ?

fenix
fenix Posts: 5,437
Anyone seen any details on this years ride ?

I think I'd signed up already for the 2016 ride by this time last year, but there's no news on their website or twitter feed ?

Leaving it a bit late I'd think ?

Comments

• Last year there was umming and arring over the date dues to the Olympics. I might have got an early email as I rode the first one, but I signed up for last years on the 18th December 2015.

Looks like it might not be happening which would be a shame as I was thinking about taking gears this time!
  • I contacted them back in September and was told dates would be released before Christmas. They said early August was expected. Since I've still heard nothing and there's nothing on the website I messaged them again on Sunday 15th Jan. No response up to now. I'm thinking it's no longer happening but I'll repost if I receive a reply.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    It would be a shame if it didn't happen. Last years was really well organised i thought.
  • cougie wrote:
    It would be a shame if it didn't happen. Last years was really well organised i thought.

It was and they listened to the advice from people with regard to the food and drink stations and the finishers exhibition area. It was very well run and a good day out on great roads with some good chat, would certainly be a shame if it didn't happen.
  • Bit of a thread resurrection but did anyone do the rebooted edition in Cheltenham this year? We did the first one in 2015 at Chester, couldn't make the 2016 edition, and it obviously didn't run last year.

We drove down from Glasgow for it, and I have some "opinions" but really interested to hear what others thought to see if their experience matches my own.....
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I know the first Chester one was really bad. Registering and feed stations had not been thought through.
    The second was far better - they'd learned from the first year.

Am I to take it Cheltenham had a few teething troubles ? It's probably not unexpected.