jedijack Posts: 7
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Buy something else instead.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Where are you located? You have linked to one bike in the USA and the other in Europe. Bikes sometimes have different spec in different territories.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The uk mate. The cannondale spec is the same.
  • Not sure if your interested but this one is better spec than the cube sl. Little more money but spec is way worth it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... prod153225

I've got one and it's amazing
  • JBA
    jedijack wrote:
    The uk mate. The cannondale spec is the same.

What is your budget?
    There are some very good bikes available for around £2k -£2.5k.

Personally I wouldn't even consider the Cannondale with its weird shock set up. The Cube is a better bet, or have a look at a Giant Trance. (Giant currently have an offer on of 0% over 24 months.)

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Budget is about £1,800. I would have liked a YT Capra, but they are always out of stock.

Thanks.
  • jedijack wrote:
    Budget is about £1,800. I would have liked a YT Capra, but they are always out of stock.

Thanks.

The bike I suggested could be had for £1800. Sign up to British cycling for £21 and you get 10% off at chain reaction which will mean you can afford that bike. The pikes are a fantastic shock and the brakes are incredible.
  • jedijack wrote:
    Budget is about £1,800. I would have liked a YT Capra, but they are always out of stock.

Thanks.

The bike I suggested could be had for £1800. Sign up to British cycling for £21 and you get 10% off at chain reaction which will mean you can afford that bike. The pikes are a fantastic shock and the brakes are incredible.

Really nice, but unfortunately not in my size (large).
  • JBA
    2016 Trance 2 is £1500from Paul's Cycles. That'll give you a few hundred quid leftover to do some upgrades should you feel they are becessary.

Alternatively the 2016 Anthem SX 1 is £1900. A bit over your budget, but a very nice bike.

• rockmonkeysc
    Trance or Reign would be my choice are this price.

The Canondale has a stupid shock which can't be replaced with anything else and the Cube just isn't a great ride.
  • Trance or Reign would be my choice are this price.

The Canondale has a stupid shock which can't be replaced with anything else and the Cube just isn't a great ride.

Would this cube be the same geometry as the one I linked above? If so it's a fantastic ride. Very confidence inspiring.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Trance or Reign would be my choice are this price.

Would this cube be the same geometry as the one I linked above? If so it's a fantastic ride. Very confidence inspiring.

Yep. I tried one which my mate was selling before I bought my Transition.
    Rear suspension is a bit wallowey and too linear. Frame has a bit of flex at the back end.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Yep. I tried one which my mate was selling before I bought my Transition.
    Rear suspension is a bit wallowey and too linear. Frame has a bit of flex at the back end.

more linear than the patrol