SRAM Red ETap - anyone ride it?

danieljwaterhouse
danieljwaterhouse Posts: 13
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
My local bike shop (Wheelbase) have this on sale at the moment, and I really want to make the jump into electronic shifting.

http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/sram-etap-gr ... power.html

Does anyone ride this group, thoughts?

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Had the shifting bit since May, but with Rotor / Power2Max chainset.

Personally I love it - pros and cons have been debated many times on here and ultimately it's personal preference but, if you can afford it, that looks like a very nice way of getting power and electric shifting...
  • Well built, easy to install and (so far) no maintenance other than recharging/cleaning it. Does exactly what it is supposed to do function wise and IMO looks good as well. Overall no complaints with mine so if you want it go for it.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    It has been a dream. Only improvement would be Di2 sprinter shifter buttons rather than blips.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I have had it since March last year, It (for me) is great, replaced Campag Chorus.
    On my bike the rear derailleur will cope with a 29 tooth cassette. If you want to use a 32 then best wait for the WiFLi derailleur to become available which should be very soon.
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Had it a few months. Absolutely love it. Looks great, lightweight and works faultlessly.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc