Looking for advice for upgrades

philrobinson
philrobinson Posts: 83
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys and Girls I have £150 - 200 quid spare and I am doing the London to Paris bike ride in July. I was wanting to get some advice of what i would be best upgrading on this bike if possible please.

Thanks Phil

Cube Agree Pro 2011 (Update 8/7/12)

Frame: HPA 7005 Hydroformed Triple Butted, Advanced Inner Cable Routing
Fork: Easton EC70 SL CNT Carbon 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-6703BL triple, clamp 34.9mm
Crank : Ultegra
Handlebar: Easton
Brakes: Shimano BR-R560 105's
Tires: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Kevlar 23x622
Rims: Mavic Aksium
Front hub: Mavic Aksium
Rear hub: Mavic Aksium
Weight 8.1kg

Comments

• Ride it loads and replace what wears out. Has it had chain/cassette/cables replaced recently?
  • Hi Guys and Girls I have £150 - 200 quid spare and I am doing the London to Paris bike ride in July. I was wanting to get some advice of what i would be best upgrading on this bike if possible please.

Thanks Phil

Cube Agree Pro 2011 (Update 8/7/12)

Frame: HPA 7005 Hydroformed Triple Butted, Advanced Inner Cable Routing
    Fork: Easton EC70 SL CNT Carbon 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
    Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-6703BL triple, clamp 34.9mm
    Crank : Ultegra
    Handlebar: Easton
    Brakes: Shimano BR-R560 105's
    Tires: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Kevlar 23x622
    Rims: Mavic Aksium
    Front hub: Mavic Aksium
    Rear hub: Mavic Aksium
    Weight 8.1kg
    I'd put some 25mm tyres on. My go to are Conti GPs (NOT the 4000s, soft sidewalls) or Clement Strada (They're a bit soft and wear a bit quick but feel and look awesome.

Other than that does the saddle suit you? That's the only thing I'd consider. Everything else looks perfectly suited for the ride.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    +1 on the 25mm GP4000S tyres. After that - treat yourself to some nice shorts ?
  • Fenix wrote:
    +1 on the 25mm GP4000S tyres. After that - treat yourself to some nice shorts ?

No!!! Not the 4000s!! I've torn far too many :D
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I would post in the road buying advice forum. This forum is for bike pics. Either way, the spec is fine. Best upgrade is likely to be the rider. It usually is.
  • I did L-P a few years ago, keep the cash in your pocket for a few beers in the evening and just enjoy the experience. Your bike looks more than good enough, I did it on my training bike!
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    As has been said get 25mm tyres which will provide a bit more comfort, decent bib shorts is another good shout!

Maybe get the bike properly serviced by an LBS so it's running 100% as it should, nothing worse than the bike breaking and you not being able to finish.

I am using Wiggles Lifeline Armour tyres which can be bought for around £30 a pair, they have been great training tyres, grippy, corner well and ride well!
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • thanks for the info guys cant seem to post in the other forums for some reason any advice