Bike Computers with ANT Power + VAM (Vertical Speed m/h)

davidof
davidof Posts: 3,095
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for a list of bike computers which support ANT Power and have VAM (aka Meters/Hour or Vertical Speed) readings. It seems Garmin is the goto for this (as usual) with other companies not really in touch with the market.

Garmin 520 (and refurbed 500s)
Garmin 800
PowerTap Joule GPS+ (and GPS)

Lezyne said they had no demand for VAM from users!

Rox 10 does Meters per Minute not the more usual VAM. Their Germans devs think the world should change to their system.
BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
Instagramme

Comments

• cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 680
    davidof wrote:
    I'm looking for a list of bike computers which support ANT Power and have VAM readings. It seems Garmin is the goto for this (as usual) with other companies not really in touch with the market.

Garmin 520 (and refurbed 500s)
    PowerTap Joule GPS+ (and GPS)

Lezyne said they had no demand for VAM from users!

Rox 10 does Meters per Minute not the more usual VAM. Their Germans devs think the world should change to their system.

I had no idea you could display VAM on Garmin 520s, where do I find this in the data fields?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    cgfw201 wrote:

I had no idea you could display VAM on Garmin 520s, where do I find this in the data fields?

I'm going on the manual but it seems to be the Vertical Speed or 30 second vertical speed.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 680
    davidof wrote:
    cgfw201 wrote:

I'm going on the manual but it seems to be the Vertical Speed or 30 second vertical speed.

Ah so it is. Vertical Speed and a 30s avg VS are in there. Off to do some hill reps later so will give that a whirl.