Ridley X-Night frame- identification

bartosz
bartosz Posts: 3
edited January 2017 in Cyclocross
Hi!

I've got a chance to buy Ridley X-Night carbon frameset with Telenet Fidea livery. I was searching this frame on the Internet but I can't find anything. Seller told me that it was a test bike for cyclocross team. Could anyone here tell me anything about this frame? Production date, carbon quality etc. I want to build cyclocross bike on this frame.

yTHWkJh.jpg

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    The X-Night with integrated seatpost was I believe from 2014. One of the finest Cyclocross framesets money can buy.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As above - the only consideration for a secondhand ISP frame is whether the ISP will allow you to set the saddle height you need.
  • Lenght of seatpost is original. I'm a little bit worried about quality of the carbon frame. It will be my first carbon. Is it safe to use 2 year old carbon frame? Is it stiff enough? Seller told me that it was only test bike so it wasn't used in racing. It is a shop with great opinions, so I believe him. What you think about it?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    bartosz wrote:
    Is it safe to use 2 year old carbon frame?

What? Of course it is.

I'm still using a pair of carbon forks from 2002 on one of my bikes. Not even worth discussing.
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    Lol. A team mate has ex Tom Meusen bike. Now that is a frame that has seen some abuse! Still fine though.

We do rib him about it though :lol:
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    My CX bike is a carbon Scott Addict from 2009. Seem plenty of abuse and still as good as the day it was made.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Depends. They're not totally indestructible; I cracked the carbon fork on one of my bikes, when it tried to leave the car after I failed to attach it to the roofrack properly. Mind you, I then raced on it several times before noticing the damage and once more afterwards (I spotted it the day before the Nationals). I fixed it after that, with a few wraps of carbon and some epoxy...
    Pannier, 120rpm.