Kuota Kougar

2»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Do you guys ever race on the mainland? You're from Guernsey if I remember rightly (that place Moonchicken wants to invade :). )
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Close, I live in Jersey.

Some of the guys race in the UK but trying to get organised is a bit of a pain, plus we have the additional costs of flights and hotels. If there are enough of us we may get the ferry and a few guys do although I have yet to organise myself enough to get over to race.

My club is looking into pairing itself with a club from France, so we hopefully will have the opportunity to go over there and race as well, although from what I gather the amateur standard there is higher than it is locally, and in return they will have the chance to race over here as well (so the locals can gang up on them), still should be good fun if it comes off.

I know a lot of the top boys from the island have raced in the UK, and it is stipulation of those aiming for the Commonwealth Games, they have to have completed X amount of races in the UK and placed in a certain % of the field, what the criteria is exactly I don't know as I have 0% chance of making the games unless I went as a spectator :)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • JesseD wrote:
    kiteloopy wrote:
    Sorry to hear about the brakes Jesse. V-Brakes are a pain in the ars* arent they!!!

I didnt know that Kuota sell 'other' font forks. Do you have any photos of them/it?

Oh, get that bar tape off!

I just dont think they are as powerful as normal or direct must brakes and are a bit of a pain to keep centered, admittedly the brake set up would be fine for normal riding or triathlon etc but i want to be able to brake later into corners and on descents etc and I currently find myself barking earlier and losing places then having to work harder to make them up.

I got the bike from an LBS and he said that they can get a Kougar fork to match my frame which has a normal mounting for the front brake, i did a bit of googling and found one on the Kougar on the German Kuota website so i figured it is this one and in the same colourway as my frameset.

http://www.kuota.de/pages/kougar.html

oh that 2018 looks lovley!