Storck Riders

gotwood25
gotwood25 Posts: 314
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
In the market for a new bike, basically can get a pretty good deal on a Storck and liking the Aerfast or the Aernario and will be looking to put mechanical SRAM Red on there. Just wondering if any owners out there can give any feedback on what they are like to own. Will be used as a race bike for crits and road races as well as longer distance jaunts into the country.

Cheers for ya feedback

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Had a Fascenario 0.6. It was fine. Thing is so is my Ritchey which was 1/10th the price. It's super hard to see past the CAAD12 these days for race duty, so only buy the Storck if it's going to give you butterflies every time you ride it.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Had a few Storcks with dura ace and they were very fast and handled great but the downside is that they were very uncomfortable for long distance. I mean really uncomfortable and felt beat up on any milage over 100miles.

In the mountains of Europe I felt really secure though and on descents it gave me confidence in to ability to handle corners.
    Brian B.
  • gotwood25
    Took the plunge and got a 20th Edition Aerfast Pro with SRAM Red. Figured I'm used to riding a 2013 Foil and 2011 Addict so this should be a little easier on the body than those at least... as well as looking awesome. :-)
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    gotwood25 wrote:
    Took the plunge and got a 20th Edition Aerfast Pro with SRAM Red. Figured I'm used to riding a 2013 Foil and 2011 Addict so this should be a little easier on the body than those at least... as well as looking awesome. :-)

Yikes! What a bike! I hope you have many happy miles on it - always loved the look of the Storcks and SRAM Red is just the business....I imagine a big smile appearing on the first ride (although perhaps wait till the snow disappears!!) :)
  • Grill
    gotwood25 wrote:

My Foil was so much more satisfying to ride than my 0.6. Disappointing considering it was meant the be 'The Best Bike in the World'.
  • gotwood25
    Grill wrote:
    gotwood25 wrote:

My Foil was so much more satisfying to ride than my 0.6. Disappointing considering it was meant the be 'The Best Bike in the World'.

My Foil currently has a big hole in it so not that satisfying at the minute. You are cheering me up no end though Grill :lol:
  • Grill
    gotwood25 wrote:
    Grill wrote:
    gotwood25 wrote:

My Foil currently has a big hole in it so not that satisfying at the minute. You are cheering me up no end though Grill :lol:

Dude, so did mine but I got it repaired. Do that instead and spend the money on some stupid wheels and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
  • gotwood25
    Grill wrote:
    gotwood25 wrote:
    Grill wrote:
    gotwood25 wrote:

Dude, so did mine but I got it repaired. Do that instead and spend the money on some stupid wheels and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Got it repaired but she is tainted now, wheels were on the cards but can't throw money at a patched up bike. May keep the Foil to race on but have a buyer lined up so will see what happens. Storck won't be built for a good few weeks but am sure she will be lovely :-)
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Grill is right but I can't quite put my finger on it. Bought an Aerfast Pro frameset late last year. Built it up with Reynolds strike wheelset, tubeless shwalbe 1, Easton Aero bars, SRAM group set, First ride out I did my regular 40k and knocked a couple of minutes off my previous best time, without really going for it.

Since then, I look at my bikes and choose the Canyon to take out. Haven't ridden the Storck since. Don't know why. It's just a bit soleless I guess. Be willing to part with it for a sensible offer!

Oh and by the way, it's comfortable.
  • gotwood25
    Vortice wrote:
    Grill is right but I can't quite put my finger on it. Bought an Aerfast Pro frameset late last year. Built it up with Reynolds strike wheelset, tubeless shwalbe 1, Easton Aero bars, SRAM group set, First ride out I did my regular 40k and knocked a couple of minutes off my previous best time, without really going for it.

Since then, I look at my bikes and choose the Canyon to take out. Haven't ridden the Storck since. Don't know why. It's just a bit soleless I guess. Be willing to part with it for a sensible offer!

Oh and by the way, it's comfortable.

I'll take comfortable and fast over soul :D
    I'm sure I will love it... or I've just wasted thousands and my wifes gonna kill me!!! :shock:
  • I have an Absolutist 1.0 with Bora tubulars and spend over 400 hours a year riding it; including consecutive days through the alps of 250km+ and Euro sportives, fast and furious group rides and everything in between. It's a wonderful bike! You made a good choice ;)
  • Any thoughts on the Storck Range? They're clearing a huge amount of stock off through their old distributor.

http://www.vielosports.co.uk/sale
  • dBritain wrote:
    Any thoughts on the Storck Range? They're clearing a huge amount of stock off through their old distributor.

http://www.vielosports.co.uk/sale

My Aerfast is unreal, picked it up from said distributor who is local to me. Fire away at those prices I would say, I got a great deal on my frame, pick her up tonight :-)

20170210_162352.jpg
  • vortice
    So, guess you've had it a couple of months now. What do you reckon?
  • gotwood25
    Vortice wrote:

Yes had it a couple of months now and put around 600 miles on it and loved everyone one of them. The itself is ludicrously quick, hard to judge on the aero front but it seems to pick up speed effortlessly and with the slightest tailwind it just carries you. Bottom bracket is crazy stiff with all power put down feeling like it is pushing you forward. Also a mention for the new Dura Ace, was expecting to really miss Di2 (ran out of money so couldn't stretch the extra grand to go Di2) but it really is no miss and the new front mech design is an absolute dream.

I loved my Foil and still love my Addict but this on another level in terms of ride and performance. Also don't see many of them around.

IMG_20170316_183635_314.jpg
  • vortice
    gotwood25 wrote:
    Vortice wrote:

Yes had it a couple of months now and put around 600 miles on it and loved everyone one of them. The itself is ludicrously quick, hard to judge on the aero front but it seems to pick up speed effortlessly and with the slightest tailwind it just carries you. Bottom bracket is crazy stiff with all power put down feeling like it is pushing you forward. Also a mention for the new Dura Ace, was expecting to really miss Di2 (ran out of money so couldn't stretch the extra grand to go Di2) but it really is no miss and the new front mech design is an absolute dream.

I loved my Foil and still love my Addict but this on another level in terms of ride and performance. Also don't see many of them around.

IMG_20170316_183635_314.jpg

Glad you like it - I bet you are surprised how comfortable it is!

If I had this as an only bike I'm sure I'd love it. Not sure why but every time I look at which bike to take out, it's never the Aerfast and I'm not sure why!

The anniversary edition does look very nice!