Cube Guard Disc

pippi_langsamer-2
pippi_langsamer-2 Posts: 1,470
edited November 2017 in Road buying advice
Anyone know of anywhere I can source the aforementioned?

Most dealers asaying stock only expected March from Cube! Any lying about in any shops...?

https://www.cube.eu/uk/equipment/access ... isc-black/

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    You could try Infinity Cycles, Durham if you haven't already. They have a large section of the shop dedicated solely to Cube.
  • Yep, emailed already- awaiting response. Ta.
  • All sorted now via Leisure Lakes Daventry.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    I'd thought they had a recall by Cube.
  • Really? Hmpff, that would explain the stock situation. I guess I'll be getting one of the illicit ones then lol! What was the recall concerned with exactly?
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Haven't got a clue what the problem was, just chatting with a mate who's just bought a Cube disc bike and then found out he couldn't get mudguards for it, think he was getting some MK3 Cruds.
  • Looking for the cubeguards too and they're impossible to find. Wondering if anyones heard of people fitting the SKS race blade pro's to the Attain disc? They look pretty good. Don't want to fork out £40 though for something that won't fit as I've read a lot online that cubeguards are the only mudguards that fit.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    ewe, horrible flappy scraping noises for at least 70% of the ride ... The other 30% being spent atthezide of the road rying to coax said flappy bits of cheap plastic away from the rear tyre. The upside is that 70% of the ride one doesn't get irked by the inevitable disc rub from un-centered, warped, or crud contaminated rotors ........... :cry:
  • MikeBrew are you talking about your experience with the cubeguards or the MK3 cruds? Do you have an attain disc and your discs are rubbing? How long before that started happening?
  • liamgaul wrote:
    MikeBrew are you talking about your experience with the cubeguards or the MK3 cruds? Do you have an attain disc and your discs are rubbing? How long before that started happening?

The Cube Guards are without doubt the best fitting guards I've used. Using 25mm tyres, I've experienced zero rub- even in the recent awful conditions with lots of mud, flint etc on the roads. The guards offer enough clearance to ensure most debris doesn't get trapped between tyre & guard.
  • alanbboyd
    alanbboyd Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    Random string.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    liamgaul wrote:
    MikeBrew are you talking about your experience with the cubeguards or the MK3 cruds? Do you have an attain disc and your discs are rubbing? How long before that started happening?
    He generally just spouts biased claptrap, I'd recommend ignoring him.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Has anyone found anywhere with these back in stock now?

I would dearly love to have some guards to fit my Cube's discreet guard mounts.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • liamgaul
    liamgaul Posts: 7
    So anyone else with experience with the MK3 cruds? My bike has taken a lot of shit from riding it without guards over this winter and I imagine the groupset has aged faster than it should have. Really need to stick some guards on before next winter and with the cubeguards still AWOL with no sign of return, I think the MK3 cruds are my best bet. Don't want to waste my money on something that doesnt work properly though
  • I emailed Cube last week and they said November, only a year after I will have had the bike!!! :evil:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    Anyone heard any more about these?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin wrote:
    Anyone heard any more about these?
    See the Attain owners thread for more, but the tl;dr version from Cube is they’re coming, probably at some point next year.

I just bought a pair of SKS Raceblades, they’ll do the job until then.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    Was wondering if raceblades or crud mk3's would work. You fitted them yet?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin wrote:
    Was wondering if raceblades or crud mk3's would work. You fitted them yet?
    Yep, done around 300 miles with them on now. Took around 15 mins of fettling to get them setup how I wanted and can now be put on/removed in less than a minute.

I have 28mm tyres so I got the XL version. I also got the “stealth” finish as they match the matte frame better than the shiny ones.