End of January - Calpe, Girona or Mallorca...?

2»

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Snow and wind in Mallorca today.

Meanwhile in Gran Canaria its breezy but will be nearly 20 deg.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • I was in Gran Canaria over Christmas. Great cycling location if you love climbing! The wind can be a bit relentless, sort of like Lanzarote but a bit less exposed.

Cool video from Mike Cotty on the 44km climb to the highest point on the island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbATo5wvRo0
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Daughter is in Denia for the month, training. Weather not great today, cold and wet, not much above freezing, but it's snowing in Majorca apparently.

No idea which pro teams are in Majorca right now, but this morning she was doing efforts on Vall d'Ebo. So were the Katusha and Orica men's squads. She's seen BMC out and about.

On her way up Vall d'Ebo, who should come down but Marianne Vos with a team mate.

PS I'll be in Denia for the last week of January, and in Majorca last week of April. Daughter has team training camp in Majorca early February. Both places can be good training ground but I stick to my opinion that Denia has more to offer.
  • proto wrote:
    Daughter is in Denia for the month, training. Weather not great today, cold and wet, not much above freezing, but it's snowing in Majorca apparently.

No idea which pro teams are in Majorca right now, but this morning she was doing efforts on Vall d'Ebo. So were the Katusha and Orica men's squads. She's seen BMC out and about.

On her way up Vall d'Ebo, who should come down but Marianne Vos with a team mate.

PS I'll be in Denia for the last week of January, and in Majorca last week of April. Daughter has team training camp in Majorca early February. Both places can be good training ground but I stick to my opinion that Denia has more to offer.

Denia area does seem to be the area where most serious bike riders choose to train. A mate of mine was out there recently and did some riding with a couple of the girls from the Drops team, they spend a good deal of time out there and it seems to work for them.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Denia area does seem to be the area where most serious bike riders choose to train. A mate of mine was out there recently and did some riding with a couple of the girls from the Drops team, they spend a good deal of time out there and it seems to work for them.

Was it Ben W?

If it was in the last two weeks then one of them was my daughter .....................
  • proto wrote:

Was it Ben W?

If it was in the last two weeks then one of them was my daughter .....................

It was! he was really impressed with her. She's a good rider by the sounds of it
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    Saw a pic of Castell de Castells today's with a fair bit of snow. Was beautifully sunny a few weeks ago when I was there. A reminder that it won't always be nice, but majority of the time it should be.