monday in the eu and lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,552
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh i think as the tube strike means the roads will be lousy with pedestrians displaying a complete lack of situational awareness, crawling bitter motorists, and wobbling intermittent communters

stocked up on lovely bubbly, though port supplies will soon need replenishing, also must get some nice french cheeses, maybe send a pic of some to that truss dimwit
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Scales tell lies, don't trust them :)
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • sungod
    the roads are indeed rammed, add the wobbling novice borisbikers and it's a recipe for carnage

definitely a local day for local people
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning all,

Was in the gym by 5 this morning, surprisingly busy for a change, more than the usual 7 or 8 people I see down there everyday, perhaps the new years resolutions lot got delayed a week? Either way, plenty of posers getting mates to film them doing leg extensions and the like, perhaps to prove to their friends they didn't skip leg day? God knows.

Physio exercises are going alright, knee isn't tweaking anymore so that's a major plus, but massage rolling the glutes is something MI6 should really consider adding to their interrogation techniques.

In other news I went ahead and ordered myself a Garmin Vivoactive HR this morning, it was suggested I took up some swimming as cross training and I would like some way to track progress. Decided against getting some budgie smugglers and instead settled with a pair of jammers, must admit it'll be nice to be doing something that gets me out of the house of an evening a couple nights a week again, been going a bit stir crazy just doing gym, work, home circuits.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Working from home for a bit, let the idiots get off the road so my commute isn't stupidly extended.

Has meant that I've got a good moka pot coffee and some bread and jame for breakfast instead of my starbucks and nothing.

Need to send the solicitor some docs and hope the vendors have responded to some queries and provide various building regs this week or I could end up homeless which wouldn't be fun.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning folks,
    Monday came around far too quickly. Dark and damp ride in this morning. Had to stop and wait for about 50 deer to get out f the path this morning. I wish they 'd fit the poxy things with reflectors. Not much going on today I hope. Daughter's parents' evening tomorrow so I'll have to drive in then.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, office is a tad quiet likely due to the tube strike, appears lots of them working from home which I cant blame them for.
    Foot still aches from Saturday an I'm seeing why the doctor said no to riding, still was good fun.

Cars making some expensive noises over bumps I think which is always pleasant can see it being somewhat expensive seeing as I know the clutch an front tyres need doing. Ouch ahoy!

Veronese, they do have reflectors, those beady eyes of theirs but they only work in certain directions.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

I finally got fed up of instant in the office so I'm currently losing my personal proper coffee stash to the others who don't buy it because "they can't tell the difference" but clearly can. Went out on the mtb for the first time in ages yesterday, feeling great again. I'm not a full roadie yet, if I don't ride the mtb for over a week or so I start feeling dreadful and the road bike doesn't quite quench it yet...
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    Gday

Out of bed early in the dark for a brief 15 mile loop in windy grimy Tyne and Wear, then a quick SSS before coming to work to find there's nobody coming in at 9pm tonight to let me go home, meaning that the prospect of an overnight stay at work looms (business as normal in the NHS Mr Hunt? really?). Probably get home about lunchtime tomorrow. Happy 49th Birthday to me.

In other news, I cycled the 50 miles from Tynemouth to Middlesbrough on Saturday, but it's a dump, so I came back.
  • Busy busy, spent all weekend doing MrsHDs office PC. Got up at 6 this morning to reconnect everything and tidy up for her.

Managed one short ride on Sunday morning, foggy and wet but at least it was easy to clean the crap off the bike afterwards.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Busy weekend with no cycling :(

Working locally but early morning call ensured the car was used
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Just ordered some winter gloves and cap, should give me some more motivation for wet night rides...
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese, they do have reflectors, those beady eyes of theirs but they only work in certain directions.
    They're not very good ones though. I saw something as one looked at me, put my light on full and saw there were loads of them. Fortunately the fallow deer move out the way pretty quickly. The red deer stags don't tend to move unless they feel inclined to do so, big feckers too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Gromson wrote:
    In other news, I cycled the 50 miles from Tynemouth to Middlesbrough on Saturday, but it's a dump, so I came back.
    Are you honestly telling us you didn't know that until you arrived in Middlesbrough?

Roads a bit greasy and rammed with traffic today as expected; I waved at the bus queues as I pedalled past. It's quarter end reporting fun today so am quite busy. Laters, as some would say.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    oxoman wrote:
    Could just do with decent cheese but scales say no.

Avoid the carbs not the cheese...
    The longer a cheese is aged, the lower its carbohydrate content will be. During the aging process, the bacteria ferment the carbohydrates found in milk to produce cheese. Avoid fresh cheeses, which still contain a significant portion of the carbohydrates naturally found in milk. The same cheeses that are high in protein also have the lowest carbohydrate content. For example, Brie and goat cheese have 0.3 grams of carbs per ounce. Blue cheese and cheddar cheese have around 0.4 grams of carbs per ounce, and Parmesan cheese has about 0.9 grams in the same serving size. Foods containing less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving are considered to be very low in carbs.

Avoid the scales though :D

Buy some cheese :D

Nice sunny day here after a cold start (coldest day of the year so far 9c) , no wind, walked down to the beach, might ride a bike later when it warms up :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    They're not very good ones though. I saw something as one looked at me, put my light on full and saw there were loads of them. Fortunately the fallow deer move out the way pretty quickly. The red deer stags don't tend to move unless they feel inclined to do so, big feckers too.

True, I live near Woburn Abbey, easiest way to work is via the deer park. Everything from Milu and Red to the little muntjac's. I know what you mean about the Red's they are huge and just don't care. I ride it in the day, never at night though!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    team47b wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Could just do with decent cheese but scales say no.

Avoid the carbs not the cheese...
    The longer a cheese is aged, the lower its carbohydrate content will be. During the aging process, the bacteria ferment the carbohydrates found in milk to produce cheese. Avoid fresh cheeses, which still contain a significant portion of the carbohydrates naturally found in milk. The same cheeses that are high in protein also have the lowest carbohydrate content. For example, Brie and goat cheese have 0.3 grams of carbs per ounce. Blue cheese and cheddar cheese have around 0.4 grams of carbs per ounce, and Parmesan cheese has about 0.9 grams in the same serving size. Foods containing less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving are considered to be very low in carbs.

Avoid the scales though :D

Buy some cheese :D

Nice sunny day here after a cold start (coldest day of the year so far 9c) , no wind, walked down to the beach, might ride a bike later when it warms up :wink:
    I bought a stinky cheese board at Christmas, Stilton, Brie, Camembert etc. I fancied a bit that was left over last night but the Missus had already thrown it out as she said the packaging stated it must be consumed within 5 days. Was I wrong to put her over my knee? I didn't think stinky cheese becoming more stinky was a problem.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    seanoconn wrote:
    I bought a stinky cheese board at Christmas, Stilton, Brie, Camembert etc. I fancied a bit that was left over last night but the Missus had already thrown it out as she said the packaging stated it must be consumed within 5 days. Was I wrong to put her over my knee? I didn't think stinky cheese becoming more stinky was a problem.

i have vivid memories of a cheeseboard somewhere in the sticks of milan

it consisted of various pools and splats of stinky cheeses, all of a ripeness that would trigger biochemical warfare alert if proffered for sale in the uk

imho it's fair game unless it's gone furry, developed colours/consistency not normally associated with the particular cheese, or started moving under it's own power, but even then it could be nice toasted
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    ... stinky cheese ... but the Missus had already thrown it out ... Was I wrong to put her over my knee?
    imho it's fair game unless it's gone furry, developed colours/consistency not normally associated with the particular cheese, or started moving under it's own power, but even then it could be nice toasted
    What he said, that's grounds for a lot more than just bending her over your knee. :twisted:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    sungod wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

i have vivid memories of a cheeseboard somewhere in the sticks of milan

it consisted of various pools and splats of stinky cheeses, all of a ripeness that would trigger biochemical warfare alert if proffered for sale in the uk

I knew it! Grrrrrr, even more annoying, just wait till I get home!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Gromson wrote:
    Are you honestly telling us you didn't know that until you arrived in Middlesbrough?

Well it was a dump in June but they've had six months to tidy the place up since then.

It's pure laziness, I tell you.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Gromson wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Gromson wrote:

Well it was a dump in June but they've had six months to tidy the place up since then.

It's pure laziness, I tell you.
    I can tell you now it's been dump every June since I've been alive and there's no tidying up in between. But if you can persuade them to start, fine with me...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,349
    LukeTC wrote:
    Morning all,

Was in the gym by 5 this morning...

WTF?1 That's just not in the spirit of things round here.

Me almost finished framing around the French doors. Then I ran out of wood which gave me a good excuse t finish at a reasonable time and post bollox on here.

A visit to Middlesbrough wouldn't be complete without a trip to Club Bongo.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Here - in the Thetford Forest they have experimental rumble strips to annoy the deer and keep them off the road. They are just like Triceratops, big, smelly, horned - and just as stupid. Dangerous to be near.

...I mean the Suffolk drivers; not the deer of course. :D
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: