Carbon frame upgrade

Bikespeed
Bikespeed Posts: 13
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all
I'm thinking of a frame upgrade, currently riding a Scott CR1 Pro with upgraded components/wheels.
I love Italian bikes so that's what it has to be. Thinking about the Pinarello GAN RS or the Dogma 65.1 think 2.
Or possibly the Wilier cento 10. I cant stretch to an F8 Dogma.
As yet ive not ridden any of the above, so I was wondering if anyone who owns one or has ridden one can give me some feed back on what they are like. Bike shops say all the right things when they are trying to sell one but are less complementary if they don't stock a particular make. So I'm looking for an unbiased opinion. I know there are lots of other good makes out there but they just don't float my boat.
Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I think you are going to get a biased opinion on here too. I have had a few Bianchi down the years and they are great bikes. Some may say only get Celeste, some hate it. I also love Colnago if you can find a C60 anywhere you would be hard pushed to find a finer bike in looks or performance.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    C60 comments notwithstanding (never ridden one so can't say) I suspect very few people ever buy an Italian bike for practical or technical reasons. Consequently, comments from others on how a frame may ride won't mean much because you might disagree completely when you ride one yourself.

You mentioned 'boat floating' - so my suggestion is just go out and buy the Italian-branded frame of your choice which floats your boat the most.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    A few years ago I saw a Guerciotti Team Replica in Planet X showroom. They didn't have one in my size but I almost bought the one they had just to hang on the wall it was so beautiful. No idea how it rides but it's so desirable it almost doesn't matter. Drool, slaver.