Just How Pathetic Can You Get

pblakeney
pblakeney Posts: 26,026
edited April 2017 in The cake stop
The police. I despair. Story here - http://news.sky.com/story/stop-ignoring ... e-10719220
Where's Jack Reagan when you need him? :lol:
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.
Veronese68 wrote:
PB is the most sensible person on here.
«1

Comments

  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    I get your point, but I think they are just trying to get her photo shared widely in the area, and it's worked. Her ugly mug appeared on my Farkbook feed about three times last night. There was something on the local busybody email my wife gets about her a week or so ago. She is going round knocking on doors to see if anyone is home before her partners burgle the place. She's been challenged lurking around empty houses and comes up with some cock and bull story about being the cleaner but having forgotten her key. Getting her face seen means she is more likely to be reported if seen and hopefully the thieving tossers will all get caught.
  • Oh for Christ's sake! It's not her job to call them. Oh I've been robbing old people and expect the police to suspect me. I think I'll friend them on fb perhaps follow them on Twitter?

    Police investigate crimes and hopefully arrest people for the crimes they committed. If they suspect someone then I'd hope they had strategies to find them other than begging on Twitter. Whilst some may hand themselves in they have to assume they won't.

    Sorry but it was a bit pathetic, wasn't it? Do you think they've lost a bit of whatever authority or presence that police used to have?

    I get your point about face out but the wording was what I felt was the problem. It's a bit pathetic sounding IMHO.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    I get your point about face out but the wording was what I felt was the problem. It's a bit pathetic sounding IMHO.
    It does, but had they not gone down that route would it have had the attention?
    It does sound ridiculous and it could be read that they aren't doing their job. On the other hand, with limited resources they are trying something different. It won't work again, but this time it worked because of the novelty. I'm glad they are doing something, hopefully they'll get caught and won't just get off with a slap on the wrist.
  • Do some people really think it is a genuine invitation to her to accept friend requests and hand herself in?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,952
    I like it. It's the same old story though, if it works they will be hailed as clever and resourceful, if it fails.....


    Many year ago a police dept in the USA did a similar thing but on a much bigger scale. They sent letters to all their outstanding arrest dodgers telling them they'd won a lottery. When they had them all in a big hall, they locked the doors and processed them. I think they got a couple of hundred.

    I searched for it but couldn't find it. I did find another similar though, here..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiLX4bkKguA


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I've read of a few stings done in the US. Very clever.

    I don't think this is pathetic. The police are warning the public off this woman. They've been round to speak to her - they can't find her. Hardly surprising they can't - when was the last time you saw a policeman ?

    Getting this out to the public seems to be a smart way of working. We've all read about her now.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,026
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
    But would you recognise her without referencing the photo first? I couldn't describe her.
    Moriarty has some competition in the genius stakes when it comes to evading the police. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
    But would you recognise her without referencing the photo first? I couldn't describe her.
    Moriarty has some competition in the genius stakes when it comes to evading the police. :lol:
    She is quite distinctive. Dark hair, very drawn almost to the point of malnourished. Looks like a bit of a scag head. Would stand out like a sore thumb on my road. There are a couple of people that fit the latter part of that description in the area, well one and she's blond.
  • So how does it help the police catch her if it has gone viral? Local communications in the area of her operation would help to cut her activity if not catch her. Neighbouring areas too. Making a begging tweet asking for her to contact them through a social media method in order to spread the word seems like it's pointless. A creative solution would target the appropriate area.

    BTW communications through local fb groups has worked well here without the begging style. I believe you usually end up with a class of "super- communicator" (my term) spreading the message widely. It's been effective here among the locals who are best placed to prevent this activity if not help catch her and her associates.

    Of course the fact that i know about it up in Lancashire and can get it shared among my contacts up here and further afield will help.

    Seriously though if it works and her gang get caught then well done. It's just that i wish the intelligent and creative guys in the police had come up with something that didn't leave me (and i reckon others) feeling that they've lowered their standards with the wording or style of approach. YMMV.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,026
    ...It's just that i wish the intelligent and creative guys in the police had come up with something that didn't leave me (and i reckon others) feeling that they've lowered their standards with the wording or style of approach. YMMV.
    Trying to get down with the kids. Innit.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • So how does it help the police catch her if it has gone viral? Local communications in the area of her operation would help to cut her activity if not catch her. Neighbouring areas too. Making a begging tweet asking for her to contact them through a social media method in order to spread the word seems like it's pointless. A creative solution would target the appropriate area.

    BTW communications through local fb groups has worked well here without the begging style. I believe you usually end up with a class of "super- communicator" (my term) spreading the message widely. It's been effective here among the locals who are best placed to prevent this activity if not help catch her and her associates.

    Of course the fact that i know about it up in Lancashire and can get it shared among my contacts up here and further afield will help.

    Seriously though if it works and her gang get caught then well done. It's just that i wish the intelligent and creative guys in the police had come up with something that didn't leave me (and i reckon others) feeling that they've lowered their standards with the wording or style of approach. YMMV.


    This was from before Christmas looking for the same person (among others) in the local press - http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/14140790.display/

    It was probably also on the local police facebook page (I don't facebook much so wouldn't know), and communicated through neighbourhood watch, without success. I am guessing more people in Kingston saw today's story. And they now know that there is a MPS Kingston twitter account that they might follow when the next set of virtual wanted posters go up. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

    At least no one on here has suggested it violates her human rights.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
    But would you recognise her without referencing the photo first? I couldn't describe her.
    Moriarty has some competition in the genius stakes when it comes to evading the police. :lol:

    what if you already knew her or knew of her?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,026
    Chris Bass wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
    But would you recognise her without referencing the photo first? I couldn't describe her.
    Moriarty has some competition in the genius stakes when it comes to evading the police. :lol:

    what if you already knew her or knew of her?
    Then you could do your public duty and dob the scumbag in. As you should.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
    But would you recognise her without referencing the photo first? I couldn't describe her.
    Moriarty has some competition in the genius stakes when it comes to evading the police. :lol:

    what if you already knew her or knew of her?
    Then you could do your public duty and dob the scumbag in. As you should.

    exactly, but you'd need to know the police were after her and this solves that issue!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,026
    Chris Bass wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    as above i think this actually works much better than a "have you seen this woman" post.

    how many more people have seen or shared this now?

    I'm guessing a lot more than the other suspects that were on the "Kingston's most wanted" email Kingston police circulated to the neighbourhood watch.
    Well, I've seen her ugly mug but not the most wanted list. Pretty sure I won't be the only one to say that.
    I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in this sample of 1 it's a 100% hit.
    But would you recognise her without referencing the photo first? I couldn't describe her.
    Moriarty has some competition in the genius stakes when it comes to evading the police. :lol:

    what if you already knew her or knew of her?
    Then you could do your public duty and dob the scumbag in. As you should.

    exactly, but you'd need to know the police were after her and this solves that issue!
    Good chance of knowing that if you knew her.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    At least no one on here has suggested it violates her human rights.

    good point, as she hasnt absconded from detention and she hasnt been convicted of anything at all (as far as we are aware) then she could be completely innocent of any crime, yet her good name has been dragged through the mud, what happens if she is subject to an attack ?

    What real efforts have the Police gone to to arrest her? possibly very little, instead its a Trump response... do a twitter job on her.

    First thing she needs to do is get a HR lawyer on her case, at tax payers expense of course.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    mamba80 wrote:
    At least no one on here has suggested it violates her human rights.

    good point, as she hasnt absconded from detention and she hasnt been convicted of anything at all (as far as we are aware)...
    Wanted for recall to prison on the link graham posted and other burglaries since. Pretty sure that means she's absconded and they have more than gut feeling on the others.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    'Facecrook' ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:
    'Facecrook' ?

    Vicebook?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    ... and she's been arrested.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,916
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ... and she's been arrested.
    Not so pathetic after all then?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Time for this then.

    large_ch-fbook-news-feed-algorithm-thumb.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,425
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ... and she's been arrested.
    Not so pathetic after all then?
    Exactly.
  • Still pathetic IMHO because of the tone or phrases used. It worked is a great result but i still don't rate the execution. BTW i still don't know if it was this tweet that worked. There was other lines of communication used.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You sound like a right whinger!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    mamba80 wrote:
    At least no one on here has suggested it violates her human rights.

    good point, as she hasnt absconded from detention and she hasnt been convicted of anything at all (as far as we are aware) then she could be completely innocent of any crime, yet her good name has been dragged through the mud, what happens if she is subject to an attack ?

    What real efforts have the Police gone to to arrest her? possibly very little, instead its a Trump response... do a twitter job on her.

    First thing she needs to do is get a HR lawyer on her case, at tax payers expense of course.

    Of course, they never name names on Crimewatch, do they? Lawyers would have made millions for their 'innocent until proven guilty' clients if they had.

    It's called circulating someone as wanted. Used to be done by printing out bulletins for distribution to all police stations. These days, why not use social media?

    Lots of similar things have been done in the past, which I'm sure would have had the bleeding-heart liberals wringing their hands over the oppression and harassment by the nasty police. Locally, they sent Christmas cards to local thieves, telling them that they were being watched. The advice given was, don't break the law and we won't come knocking. And to save money, the cards were delivered by hand.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,550
    NapoleonD wrote:
    You sound like a right whinger!

    What do you make of this faceache thing NapD?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!