Circular loop from Filey - 30 to 60 miles

RobinB2
RobinB2 Posts: 111
edited January 2017 in Road general
I am staying in Filey on the East coast this weekend and if I play my cards right, may be allowed to take my road bike with me

If anybody has any suggestions for an interesting circular loop, starting and finishing in Filey with quiet roads and a few hills thrown in, that would be much appreciated. Anything from 30 - 60 miles would be great

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I would head out towards Seamer then East Ayton, Hackness,Langdale End along the Forrest drive in Dalby, Thornton le dale along the A170 turning right to Yedingham, West Heslerton, East Luton, Weaverthorpe, Foxholes, Wold Newton, Hunmanby, Muston, Filey.
    Some of the roads might be busy as you are on the coast. Also I've no idea how long this ride as I hit these roads from South of Filey.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    If you are on Strava, go to the segment search / explore function click on a few and look at the rides others have done. You can then create your own from where you need to start.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Webboo wrote:
    I would head out towards Seamer then East Ayton, Hackness,Langdale End along the Forrest drive in Dalby, Thornton le dale along the A170 turning right to Yedingham, West Heslerton, East Luton, Weaverthorpe, Foxholes, Wold Newton, Hunmanby, Muston, Filey.
    Some of the roads might be busy as you are on the coast. Also I've no idea how long this ride as I hit these roads from South of Filey.

This forms the basis of a decent ride IMO - you may find it is slightly over the 60 miles but it'd be worth it.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    Thanks for the feedback - the Seamer, East Ayton etc loop looks like what I'm after

All I need now is the pass out!
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Balderston's cafe in Thornton-le-Dale does a decent Scampi & chips and lots of cakes ;)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D