thursday by train

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,547
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

in the eurostar lounge having pre-train brekkie, flying visit to paris for a bit of work, back later

cold out in the wind, brrrr
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Just had a warming porridge as the heating starts to make a difference

Now off for meeting fun, later is unplanned but could potentially be another dry night!
  • sungod
    moved onto the on-board brekkie, currently sitting at some station in the sticks pre-tunnel, oh we're moving, it's ashford
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Title is true for me - to Victoria. Bit frosty to pedal but the legs got a decent work out yesterday. Thankfully very few meetings today as the top brass are not all back from holiday yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Think I may have to invest in some new bib tights with a decent pad, my ars@ is aching and not in a good way. On the plus side there's an ambulance at work so maybe something exciting has happened :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Another day another dawn. The missus isn't talking to me today because she took offence to my quick changing reaction when she announced last night "hey I ordered pizza for dinner." To which I responded with glee until she followed it up with "used your card, hope you don't mind." :lol: there I was thinking I was being treated (especially considering we JUST came back from a spur of the moment trip to NYC for NYE out of my pocket) but no such luck :evil:

On the plus side I don't have that usual white noise sound in my ears that tends to last until 9.30am...maybe there's some connection, who knows :lol:

Looking like a short day at work, might use the extra daylight hours to give the bike a good wash so I don't look like a grotty so and so when I take it in for a bike fit on Saturday
  • seanoconn
    LukeTC wrote:
    Another day another dawn. The missus isn't talking to me today because she took offence to my quick changing reaction when she announced last night "hey I ordered pizza for dinner." To which I responded with glee until she followed it up with "used your card, hope you don't mind." :lol: there I was thinking I was being treated (especially considering we JUST came back from a spur of the moment trip to NYC for NYE out of my pocket) but no such luck :evil:

On the plus side I don't have that usual white noise sound in my ears that tends to last until 9.30am...maybe there's some connection, who knows :lol:

Looking like a short day at work, might use the extra daylight hours to give the bike a good wash so I don't look like a grotty so and so when I take it in for a bike fit on Saturday
    Speaking of which, I do all my fettling at work and was forced to give my bike its annual wash yesterday as the rear brake had seized up. I think the caked on grime was holding things together as it has developed an interesting rattle this morning. More fettling required today to aggravate the problem.
  • I'm on to day three of a sort of dry January (wedding anniversary and birthdays get in the way) and I still feel rubbish, proper tired this morning.

Breakfast was cardboard, lunch will be marginally better and dinner is as yet undecided.

If all goes to plan I'll get an hour on Zwift tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Minus three this morning, frost galore an the young numpty down the road was sat in his car wipers on full in some vain attempt to de ice his car without touching it. He was out there when I went out an was still there when I left so looks like it may take him a while.
    Anywho manager is somewhat missing which is nice an someones deposited a panettone on my desk which is cruel. Must, be, good.
  • LukeTC
    Step83 wrote:
    Minus three this morning, frost galore an the young numpty down the road was sat in his car wipers on full in some vain attempt to de ice his car without touching it. He was out there when I went out an was still there when I left so looks like it may take him a while.
    Anywho manager is somewhat missing which is nice an someones deposited a panettone on my desk which is cruel. Must, be, good.
    puP6Mc.gif

Do it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    LukeTC wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    puP6Mc.gif

Do it.
    Do it, panettone is goooood.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Morning all,
    Decidedly chilly down here as well, car was showing -1.5 when I took the girl to school. Dumped the car back at the house and rode in to work. Beautiful in the park with the sunshine and frost on the ground, Garmin showed -4 so glad my nuts didn't fall off. Got to work to find the big order I did yesterday didn't go out as there wasn't enough room on the UPS truck. Not impressed to say the least, I've asked for heads to be served on a plate.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    You need a giant tea mug to be able to dip heads in.

Must drag myself off here and get my aris on the bike. Very frosty this morning and the sun has been out for at least an hour so I am hoping it has burnt the frost off the back roads to go pedalling.

Need to find something more to eat as I am still feeling peckish after a huge bowl of porage. Now let me see... Pity there's no Christmas cake left.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Why are you ignoring my texts!?"
    "Abuse"
    Unnecessary text about son.
    "I find it sad and childish you're ignoring texts about your son."
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

Can you blame her?!
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

Can you blame her?!
    No but it's been 3 years FFS. I shouldn't think her fiancé would be too thrilled to find out how often she texts me.
  • LukeTC
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.
    I think many blokes would be quick to state this is not behavior attributed to just ex wives, feel sorry for those still stuck with their life sentence :lol:
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Mmmmmmmm Panettone

Frosty 4k in to 'work'. Caught up with arsebook and android games, then got on with the seriousness of posting inane nonsense here.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • seanoconn
    LukeTC wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.
    I think many blokes would be quick to state this is not behavior attributed to just ex wives, feel sorry for those still stuck with their life sentence :lol:
    I was granted an early release but was quick to land myself a new life sentence :lol:
  • LukeTC
    seanoconn wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.
    I was granted an early release but was quick to land myself a new life sentence :lol:
    Repeat offender, obviously the system has failed you :twisted:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

Can you blame her?!
    No but it's been 3 years FFS. I shouldn't think her fiancé would be too thrilled to find out how often she texts me.

She still texting?
    Wait til she gets home, she told me she had nothing to do with you any more. I feel betrayed.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    my ars@ is aching and not in a good way.
    No comment :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Just tucking into some 'street food' from the local market that pitches up here once a month and double their prices on that day :roll: Work mercifully quiet just now, waiting for the mad rush to get all of our quarterly stuff finished once the finance lot pull their fingers out.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

I like the way you only come on here when you want a cuddle :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

I always say that if you can't handle ex-wives, don't have them.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just tucking into some 'street food' from the local market that pitches up here once a month and double their prices on that day :roll: Work mercifully quiet just now, waiting for the mad rush to get all of our quarterly stuff finished once the finance lot pull their fingers out.

As Rick would have you believe, Brexit.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As Rick would have you believe, Brexit.
    I should apply this principle in my next pay negotiations, got to be a winner.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

I'm still picking the needles out from the last time you gave me a cuddle you prickly *$*%##!
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

Can you blame her?!

She still texting?
    Wait til she gets home, she told me she had nothing to do with you any more. I feel betrayed.
    Don't feel bad, I was a hard act to follow.
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse"
    "Abuse."

Ahhh ex wives.

Can you blame her?!

She still texting?
    Don't feel bad, I was a hard act to follow.

Onwards and upwards she says.
  • sungod
    'noon

women and texts, makes the blood run cold

had a third brekkie at a cafe in ile saint-louis

then a substantial lunch of tartare, frites and some beers

just back at the lounge awaiting the return train, at this point i'm so stuffed my ears are ringing, haven't even helped myself to the usual plateful of eurostar madeleines, fortunately there is no wafer thin mint being offered

ok, maybe just one madeleine, if you hear an explosion...