sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe wfh etc., nippy again

bit of fridge maintenance later with a shiny new thermostat
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Off for a virtual ride in a sec then the usual daily grind.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining here today, a works medical later so an easy day for me :)
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning
    Managed to get my physio assessment booked for Saturday AM, then got a bike fit arranged for that afternoon hopefully with some idea of what the knee issue is so they can work around it. Forgot to set my alarm so no early morning gym session for me, will just have to make up for it tomorrow.

Today should be interesting (not), must be the time of year concrete reps want to come out and peddle their wares, may get some new pens or mugs out of it though...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning folks,
    Still half asleep and I've been at my desk for over an hour, actually I'm pretty sure that's why I'm half asleep. Second cup of tea has been delivered, the number of cakes on offer seems to be on the wane. Probably just as well. Had to drive in as I'm leaving early to take the girl to physio, traffic seems to be back to normal after the break. As I do believe it is Wednesday I should really go to the pub later.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, schools appear to be back judging by the number of cars all with one child in them. Work kindly gave me a disabled bay while the bones in my foot heal (two broken metatarsals) Driving is bad enough without having to walk a half mile each morning.

Other news, random food left over from Christmas people prowling hoping for something edible I've sniped the remaining country fudge from a quality street for future use, may be able to barter them for a purple one or something.

Rambling due to boredom im sat surrounded by new Macs which keep restarting an slowly driving me mad with the startup sound.
  • sungod
    productive day so far

gym, cafe, doctor for test results (ok), new cinelli bar tape on commute bike (put some deda tape on a couple of weeks ago, hated it), cafe, put new thermostat in fridge, easy peasy, oh and did some emails

soon time for lunch, maybe back to cafe
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Good pedal was had in this morning (good = not icy and so kept it rubber side down). News that the Inland Revenue are paying us a visit next month :roll: was offset by me finishing my tax return and seeing how much they owe me :)

Otherwise it's quarterly reporting tedium time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gym session done, Hound hounded, Bambini at a friends for an hour watching a movie, just catching up on some work reading (easily distracted) before packing bags to head off for a while.

I had forgotten how much junk I have to carry around and each time I look in the spare room and see the ever growing pile I shake my head .........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    WFH, so in theory as I started early I can finish - but it's not looking good. So I will finish this brew & start again
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Just got back from a ride (in the sunshine :twisted: ) on a bicycle, 'twas nice :D

Feet up, mrs T drinking a G&T, I said shouldn't you WAIT until the sun has gone below the yard arm, she said WAITING is a sign of a serious drink problem! :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    team47b wrote:
    Just got back from a ride (in the sunshine :twisted: ) on a bicycle, 'twas nice :D

Feet up, mrs T drinking a G&T, I said shouldn't you WAIT until the sun has gone below the yard arm, she said WAITING is a sign of a serious drink problem! :shock:

The sun is always below the yard arm in some part of the world.

TDV and I have a "no drinks before 6pm" rule unless it's lunch or something similar. Needless to say, if her in-laws have been around this can get changed to any time of the afternoon.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I believe the yardarm can be moved so can be placed below the sun as soon as it has risen.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I believe the yardarm can be moved so can be placed below the sun as soon as it has risen.

rules are there to be broken
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Long day walking round the woods looking at trees, nice to get out of the office in such nice weather. Mrs is chuffed about some flowers that arrived in the post so shes stopped moaning about her car not working, the hound is being extra lovable because he's tired, the fitbit/myfitnesspal reckons I've got 2000cal spare and the problem with the house purchase isn't our fault which has bought us a bit more time, all is well. Better crack into some of this left over Christmas beer...
  • sungod
    TLW1 wrote:
    rules are there to be broken

which adds to the fun!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Me work today me. Me pedal tomorrow me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    team47b wrote:

Some research suggests that she is perfectly within her right to have a drink at any time after 11am.

YARD
    THE SUN IS OVER THE YARDARM (OR FORE YARD)
    Naval officers' expression meaning "It is time for a drink", it is bad form to
    have a drink on board before sun is over the yard arm, i.e. approaching noon.
    The last word of this phrase is more correctly FOREYARD that YARDARM.

However, from the Harbour Guides forum:

The expression is believed to have originated in the north Atlantic where the sun would rise above the upper mast spars (yards) of square sailed ships around 11am. This coincided with the forenoon ‘stand easy’ when officers would go below and enjoy their first rum tot of the day. Eventually the phrase was adopted universally as meaning it is a suitable time to have an alcoholic beverage.

Which means that technically, after 11am is quite legitimate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!