Clarks EXO Disc Pad PIN part

gmtb
gmtb Posts: 4
edited January 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I've lost the pin that holds the disc pads on Clarks EXO Disc brakes. I haven't found them on eBay (the replacement pads don't come with a pin) and Halfords don't have them.

It unscrews with a 2.5mm allen key and is 17mm long.

I'm having trouble getting one directly from Clarks. The part number is 120072009
http://www.clarkscycles.com/index.php/h ... o-skeletal

Is there an alternative I could use/buy?

Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I 'bought' one and went straight through to Paypal. What trouble are you having?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gmtb
    I bought one from Clarks before Christmas but still hasn't arrived so looking for possible alternatives.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Go and get a small split pin from Halfords to use until it arrives
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • as above, 2 of my bikes ( shimano brakes though ) just use a split pin through the hole & it works a treat, dont notice any difference between them & the shimano pads that have a proper threaded pin like your after.

if the pin leaves the pads a little rattly, then a few wraps of insulating tape round the split pin section that goes through teh pads to beef it up a little should help reduce noise/pad movement :)
  • gmtb
    Halfords gave me a couple of different split pins to try. One has fitted through the holes and I've bent it at the split end to stop it falling out. Will have a test ride tomorrow and will give the insulation tape a try if needed.

Thanks for everyone's advice, much appreciated.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No real need, the pin stops the pad sliding out, the calliper resists braking forces.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.