my new bike came with "both front" tires, does it matters?

Mad Darsh
Mad Darsh Posts: 29
edited January 2017 in Road general
Hello,
i just bought a new road bike with giant PR-1 700x25 tires
i noticed "Front" word at both of my new tires i bought with the bike,
does it even matters? or just a word to make you know and have nothing to do at all with it?

This image shows what i mean
2zi0ajd.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Makes no difference.
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Surprisingly these tyres are actually designed to be front and rear specific. Front is stickier and the rear is more durable.
    You may need to put something a bit tougher in the winter depending on where you live but at least you have 2 fast tyres! Lol
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Go back to where you got the bike from. They might give you a new rear tyre but let you keep the spare front.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    And one of those tyres is a 23c. Were they already fitted to the wheels or did you purchase them separately? As mention above the PR-1 are have front and rear specific compounds, so if you use a front on the back it will wear quickly.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    It does not matter whether it matters or not. Giant sell these tyres as they being better than everyone else because their tyres are front/rear specific.Therefore one has to be wrong. You have also got different sizes! Take the bike back immediately and expect some compensation for the trouble.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    go back to them.

Not acceptable error for a new bike and not something you should live with.

Different size is definitely something I can't live with.
  • i just noticed the different size!
    now i need to go back then
    thanks a lot dear friends
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Also remember to make sure the tyre logos are aligned, with the wheels valves.
  • Moonbiker wrote:
    Also remember to make sure the tyre logos are aligned, with the wheels valves.
    sorry bro, i didn't get it
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    If you do what he said, it is easier to locate the valve, as you have a reference point for the tube valve in relation to the tyre. Also helps when you get a puncture, if you use tubed tyres.
  • The bike is a death trap.
    Contact a lawyer immediately (there may be some lurking on the forum).
    Demand they collect the bike at your convenience and provide a loan bike while they replace your tyres.
    Claim compensation for your time as well as the lawyers and don't forget the emotional trauma.
    Stand fast!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    The bike is a death trap.
    Demand they collect the bike at your convenience and provide a loan bike while they replace your tyres.
    Claim compensation for your time as well as the lawyers and don't forget the emotional trauma.
    Stand fast!

Top advice!! Illegitimi non carborundum!!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    dumbasses .... its not front and rear .... its Front and back .... it just showing you that that is the front of the tyre and should be mounted facing out from the rim .... its to stop you putting the tyres on inside out
  • it looks like the OP has removed the wheels,
    This will surely invalidate the warranty.
  • The bike is a death trap.
    Stand fast!

And do you think i should kill the buyer now or wait for the compensation ?
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    fat daddy wrote:
    dumbasses .... its not front and rear .... its Front and back .... it just showing you that that is the front of the tyre and should be mounted facing out from the rim .... its to stop you putting the tyres on inside out

Haha you have made your self look like a right pr1ck.

http://road.cc/content/review/62843-giant-p-slr1-tyre
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Somebody get AK_jnr a parrot, please.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    DJ58 wrote:
    If you do what he said, it is easier to locate the valve, as you have a reference point for the tube valve in relation to the tyre. Also helps when you get a puncture, if you use tubed tyres.

But most importantly helps with the OCD.