New Year's Resolutions

haydenm
haydenm Posts: 2,997
edited January 2017 in The cake stop
Couldn't see this thread yet, apologies if I have missed it. What are your resolutions for 2017? How long you think you will be able to keep it up?

I'll start:
No drinking in the week- struggling already, not sure if it will get easier
Sticking to my 'training plan'- not quite finalised it so it may slip by the wayside. I'd like to see if I could actually be any good on a road/mountain bike with no excuses like "I'm carrying a few extra pounds but I'll lose it", "I haven't ridden in weeks", "I'm unfit", "I'm hungover", "I'm sh1t at riding bikes". That sort of thing...
To race more- paying for my entries long in advance

Despite the fact my races with be on mountain bike my excuses and limitations are pretty similar between the two, I don't commit to things because I'm lazy

Comments

• mr_eddy
    mr_eddy Posts: 830
    Ride more!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,968
    1982 - No more resolutions.
    Worked!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • 1. drink 2 litres of Turbo White cider every weekday before breakfast
    2. stop washing
    3. carry a pick axe at all times

I've managed 2 days so far and all is going swell.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    PBlakeney wrote:
    1982 - No more resolutions.
    Worked!
    Can't remember the year, but that's the way I do it. As a result I haven't broken a resolution for years.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Hmm resolutions.. for people who don't really want to do the things they're resolving to do so why bother? :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • To stop nipping to the Co-Op down the road. The wine is extortionate and costs me a fortune, far better to buy wisely and save money!

Failed however I used accumulated points to pay so not sure if it counts.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Start playing my Saxophone again.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Yeah I've not stuck to any of those so far. I love alcohol too much, I don't have a training plan and the British Enduro Series have gone out of business so my race plans will need to change. Hey ho, I've been out on the bike a bit...
    To stop nipping to the Co-Op down the road. The wine is extortionate and costs me a fortune, far better to buy wisely and save money!

Failed however I used accumulated points to pay so not sure if it counts.

Luckily after we move at the end of the month I'll be a 40 minute walk from the co-op so I won't keep popping in, I must spend hundreds in there on impulsive wine and haribo purchases
  • FatTed wrote:
    when I'm prime minister, I will outlaw Saxophones - hideous instruments.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    bartman100 wrote:
    FatTed wrote:
    when I'm prime minister, I will outlaw Saxophones - hideous instruments.

Emigrating to NZ then?
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    I've already achieved my New year's resolution, having retaken up the bass guitar a year and a half or so ago I've just joined a band! Rehearsals start next week.