Rear rack for Kinesis Racelight T2 V3

beanstalk
beanstalk Posts: 143
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
Which rack do you mount when the rack mounts are so close to the rear brake's adjustment screw and cable as it is with my Kinesis Racelight T2 V3 frame?
unbenanntqs89ip76zo.jpg

The classic double rail does not seem to work here.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    I had a similar issue on my Langster, but got around it with some imaginative bending using two beefy sets of molegrips.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Interesting question. I have the original Racelight Tk and about 7 years ago I bought a rack for it. Trouble is, it's still in the packaging, so I can't tell how well it will fit. Can't even for the life of me remember which rack I bought...

Maybe that can be my new year's resolution, to finally fit the sodding thing. I've even got the mount to attach my Cateye rear light to the rack. It was all part of some cunning plan the precise details of which now escape me. Possibly the fact that my Carradice saddle bag loop has the light shining nearly straight downwards rather than horizontally as with the little Topeak seat pack? However, now there's a bewildering choice of smaller, much brighter rear lights available with the possibility of seat stay mounting, maybe I don't need the rack after all... OK, ignore me, I'm rambling now.
  • beanstalk
    beanstalk Posts: 143
    I had another look at it, a 5-10mm spacer might do it.