Scott Warranty Woes

2»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Warranty can have nothing to do with it - it's just icing on the cake for the Sale of Goods Act or Consumer Rights act if bought after 1st Oct 2015. SoG and CR are with the retailer the item was bought from - not the importer/manufacturer.

Depends which frameset it is - but it's basically a high value item that is supposed to last a reasonable period of time. 3 years may be considered reasonable for a cheap supermarket job - but I'd suggest not a quality bike from a well known UK supplier.

Scott instructed the repair of the frame - so have accepted responsibility for the failure of the front mech hanger - the job appears to be of low quality, not in keeping with the frame and apparently also out of alignment. As Scott made the instruction - they have to resolve the issue. All IMHO!

I would be contacting Scott again - email the MD - if that doesn't get anywhere - then social media to get their attention. On social media only post facts though - not opinion - although you may invite opinion from others...
  • Thought I would post a reply to this since resolving.

After Scott UK washed their hands of the fix telling me if I wasn't happy then I needed to speak to the repairer myself, so I did and to be fair to HQ Fibre, the fella there was spot on. Explained to me that Scott normally send the carbon fittings for such a fix (they didn't this time) and how he had to try and fit the metal hanger which was for an Addict frame onto my Foil. Was pretty apologetic but assured me that he would get it into a working state for me.

Sent it back (at my own cost) and after a couple weeks returned safe and repaired.

20170130_113858.jpg

20170130_121814.jpg

20170131_120933.jpg

Anyway, built up it doesn't look half bad. In fact, you can't really tell without looking and you can now sprint out the saddle without dropping the chain over the crank which is a definite bonus.

Since sold the bike and bought a new one. Not a Scott.
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2017
    ppppp
  • This whole saga surprises me. Years ago, I bought a first gen CR1 Ltd. Small areas of the top lacquer seemed to have small bubbles. Barely noticeable tbh. Scott replaced without question, and even upgraded me to the (then), all new Addict.

Sounds like times have changed...