Continental GP 4 season 28mm on Supersix Evo - clearance?

neilkav1
neilkav1 Posts: 91
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Looking for the best allround puncture proof/performance equation and have settled on Conti GP 4 season. I'm just wondering of a 28 will fit the rear in terms of clearance on a 2015 supersix evo with ultrgra di2. The reviews say these tyres come up small compared to others, but anyone tried it?

Currently running 25mm shwalbe ones that have been awesome and fit fine but had a few punctures and just fancy trying something else.

Rims are fulcrum 5's, ta.

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Can't help on the actual clearance issue but when I have had four seasons they come up under sized I.e. A 28mm was about 27mm whereas my GP4000 25mm actually measure 27mm. May be worth checking how wide the current tyres actually are in case you are wasting your money going for the four seasons.
  • drwae
    drwae Posts: 223
    I would be interested to know if you get this working, I went for 25mm Continental tyres recently on my Supersix Evo because I wasn't sure if 28mm would fit... However it does look like there is some extra clearance even with the 25mm.
  • Hi thanks for the replies.

I think I'm going to give it a go, just measured the clearance at 29mm so with these Tyres coming up at 27 it should be ok, will update once tried. Guess there's no harm in running 28mm front and 25mm rear if it doesn't work!
  • Hi all,

Thought it would be useful to update after my experiment - as quite a few of us have the same frame.

To be brief - they don't fit! Width wise they're fine but the height of the inflated tyre is the problem - virtually touching the top of the forks and the rear caliper - never mind I tried!!

I now have 2 new 28mm conti 4 season tyres for sale obviously never us d as they came straight off the wheels, if anyone interested.

Thanks Neil.
  • drwae
    drwae Posts: 223
    That's a shame... I would buy them if I didn't also have an SSEVO :lol: