Noisy rear brake

Rauer
Rauer Posts: 16
edited January 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hoping someone maybe able to offer a bit of advice , went out the weekend and my rear brake was VERY noisy squeaking loudly and to a point thought I could feel it vibrating through the bike , it's a tektro disc brake , not that it should make a difference but the bike is kept in the shed

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Contamination, a loose bolt, colder weather, some water in there, all can cause that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Mine has been noisy due to the weather - irritating. Have a look at the pads and just check they are not coming to the end of life.

And Happy New Year!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Foggy and freezing cold at Swinley last week, brakes squealing all over the place!
  • Rauer
    Rauer Posts: 16
    Haven't had chance to look at it yet but not too concerened as I'm ordering a new bike next week!
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    If the noise is there all the time after you have applied the brake a few times then the pads or disc are contaminated.

Mine have been noisy recently wet weather doesn't help but after applying the brakes they soon quieten down once you have got the water off the disc etc.