monday but someone's gotta do it

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,552
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe ride waitrose, i expect wine will be involved later

back to nippy weather, would be nice if the roads were dry, but probably still wet
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty here and after yesterday's rain very slippery on the roads, hopefully will get out later , when the roads have thawed out
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    chilled day after too much excess yesterday when I somehow led a conga line from the pub to ours
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Making the most of then last day before reality intrudes again. Unfortunately my list of stuff to do is quite long. At least there's more footy today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Afternoon folks,
    Also have a long list of stuff I haven't done so I'm ignoring it. Quite sunny out so might take the girl out for a stroll. In a fit of immense stupidity I appear to have entered a bicycle race at the end of March. In Welsh Wales on a beach. All sorts of questions now arise, which bike do I take? What tyres? How much training can I do? How much will I do? Most importantly, what the f@ck was I thinking?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    You'll have to feint an injury VN or you will end up injured.

Bitterly cold North Westerly was driven into with gusto and gritted teeth and fight similar to that of a true Flandrian. You have no idea how good a healthy sized slice of pre-ride Lidl Deluxe Christmas Cake can make you go faster.
    ...and now I am completely fooked.

Where tf is everybody?

The only thing with that move TLW, is that you most probably had to share all your grog.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    oxoman wrote:
    Spent last 36hrs in ICU with grown up daughter really ill, now on normal ward and hopefully she will recover ok. Back to work tomorrow along with hospital visiting me thinks. Hopefully the rest of the new year will be an improvement on the start. Night folks.

Not good Oxoman, what happened?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    oxoman wrote:
    Spent last 36hrs in ICU with grown up daughter really ill, now on normal ward and hopefully she will recover ok. Back to work tomorrow along with hospital visiting me thinks. Hopefully the rest of the new year will be an improvement on the start. Night folks.
    Fingers crossed for her, Oxoman
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning all, been a bit of a mad week/holiday period really, started the festive 500 on Xmas eve which ended with more knee issues which was then made all the worse by coming off on some black ice down near Clevedon, made the last 15 miles home very interesting, buggered right knee from existing injury, nice bit of road rash down my left leg and elbow, must've looked like I was flagging as 3 or 4 fellas stopped when passing me to offer me a gel and check if I needed any help, really nice blokes so if any of them were you, much appreciated.

So in my woes of being relegated to sitting on the sofa I got fed up very quickly, much to the girls dismay at a grumpy so and so over xmas and new years, so went on Last Minute and got us a nice 4 night break in New York for New Years. Cost an arm and a leg but at least it kept her happy and got me some brownie points and stopped me thinking about the bike at least for a few days.

Today's agenda is to get myself a physio appointment booked and I'm considering getting a bike fitting done just in case the knee injury is down to something bike related and not just me starting to fall apart. Oh and work...mustn't forget to do at least SOME work lol.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    LukeTC wrote:
    Morning all, been a bit of a mad week/holiday period really, started the festive 500 on Xmas eve which ended with more knee issues which was then made all the worse by coming off on some black ice down near Clevedon, made the last 15 miles home very interesting, buggered right knee from existing injury, nice bit of road rash down my left leg and elbow, must've looked like I was flagging as 3 or 4 fellas stopped when passing me to offer me a gel and check if I needed any help, really nice blokes so if any of them were you, much appreciated.

So in my woes of being relegated to sitting on the sofa I got fed up very quickly, much to the girls dismay at a grumpy so and so over xmas and new years, so went on Last Minute and got us a nice 4 night break in New York for New Years. Cost an arm and a leg but at least it kept her happy and got me some brownie points and stopped me thinking about the bike at least for a few days.

Today's agenda is to get myself a physio appointment booked and I'm considering getting a bike fitting done just in case the knee injury is down to something bike related and not just me starting to fall apart. Oh and work...mustn't forget to do at least SOME work lol.

Sounds like your holidays took a dramatic turn for the better then! Was the ice anywhere near Failand or along that hill towards Clevedon by any chance? That place always seems to have it's own weather. My dad cycles around that way quite a lot but he wouldn't know what a gel was so I doubt it was him stopping to help...

My holidays were less exciting, lots of drinking and walking the dog with a bit of cycling for good luck.

First day back in the office today, heating seems to not be working and I've pressed every combination of buttons on the display to no avail, I knew I wore my down jacket for a reason. No one else is in so I'll likely spend the day looking at 45mm cosine wheels for a cannondale.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    HaydenM wrote:
    Sounds like your holidays took a dramatic turn for the better then! Was the ice anywhere near Failand or along that hill towards Clevedon by any chance? That place always seems to have it's own weather. My dad cycles around that way quite a lot but he wouldn't know what a gel was so I doubt it was him stopping to help...
    Indeed, it all worked out in the end lol.
    Yeah it was just before Tickenham I came off, thankfully hardly any traffic that morning day so no one about to see me bruising my pride :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    oxoman wrote:
    Rather not say other than she will be getting a lot of help from family and friends. Thanks for your thoughts.
    All the best, hope all works out with her recovery.