edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
And Happy New Year (and miles)
I am currently looking at 2 bikes
Canyon Endurace AL size XS:
https://www.canyon.com/en-lu/road/endur ... l-7-0.html

and Rose Pro SL 3000 size 53
https://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-pro ... 0-bike-now

Comparing stack we have 551 vs 546, reach 363 vs 379. The ratios are 1.51 vs 1.44. So the Canyon looks more comfortable being taller and shorter
But Rose has an external headset which adds another 3 cm to HT compared to only 5mm for Endurace. I believe all the numbers above are calculated without taking these headsets into account and 2.5 cm in head tube length is pretty big.
Any idea on which one will be less aggressive in the end ? (assuming same spacers, stem length and bars).
Thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The Rose doesn't have an external headset - it just has an absurdly-tall top cover. I doubt if the Canyon will come slammed, as in the pic, in any case.

Either way, it should be possible to get a good fit on either, so I wouldn't stress over the numbers too much.
  • alexul
    alexul Posts: 69
    Thanks,
    The pictures are probably marketing, trying to make the bikes look as mean as possible, that's why I was looking at the numbers, trying to figure out if when they mentioned reach they took into account that cover or not, after all 3 cm plus or minus is important.
    But I will probably go with Canyon since there are a lot of articles talking about its relaxed position, while PRO SL is in the Racing category, although something between pure racing and pure endurance
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    alexul wrote:
    Thanks,
    The pictures are probably marketing, trying to make the bikes look as mean as possible, that's why I was looking at the numbers, trying to figure out if when they mentioned reach they took into account that cover or not, after all 3 cm plus or minus is important.
    But I will probably go with Canyon since there are a lot of articles talking about its relaxed position, while PRO SL is in the Racing category, although something between pure racing and pure endurance

Probably the right choice.
    but bear in mind you individual set up will determine (to an extent) whether you are in an upright position or a stretched out position. maybe factor in £100+ for a pro bike set up if thats important to you.

Ive never ordered a canyon - but have heard there delivery times can be unreliable. you might want to firm up on that before placing the order.