Garmin Edge 705 heart rate issues....

rouleur23
rouleur23 Posts: 175
edited January 2017 in Road general
Hi
Garmin HTM was not performing well. It was sporadic for a while on 1 out of 4 rides then all the time. Changed battery in strap, for a brand new one, and now it does not record at all???
And...if you don't mind a 2nd Q....I want to do an event that will take me 20-30hrs. How do I get my Garmin to stay recording for such a time as it seems that 6hrs is the max now. It used to be 9 or 10 but I guess I need a new battery there for sure??
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Have you tried to pair the HR Strap to your Garmin? You need to do this again after replacing the battery.

To run for longer than the internal battery you will need to use an external usb power supply. If you Google for "Garmin external power supply" there are lots of useful threads.
  • rouleur23
    rouleur23 Posts: 175
    hugo15 wrote:
    Have you tried to pair the HR Strap to your Garmin? You need to do this again after replacing the battery.

To run for longer than the internal battery you will need to use an external usb power supply. If you Google for "Garmin external power supply" there are lots of useful threads.

Hugo, you were spot on with the pairing idea. Worked a treat. Many thanks