MTB Seasons

AllAboutGuitar
AllAboutGuitar Posts: 47
edited January 2017 in MTB general
Hey everyone,

Hoping to go on a little mountain biking roadtrip to Morzine next year, I live in Lincolnshire for reference, only 2500km round trip :')

Wondering when the MTB season starts at Morzine as it's currently a ski resort?

Thanks for the help and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I think it's July. Morzine is no longer the top spot. The braking bumps there are horrible, the trails are a few years over due for some maintenance. On a downhill bike it's OK but only if you're confident enough to ride Super Morzine and some of the other black trails. On an enduro or trail bike it's just not a good place.
    I'd recommend taking a look at Les Arcs if you have a enduro or trail bike. The off piste stuff is superb and accessible by lifts, chalet staff should be able to direct you to the good stuff. Val D'isare is just up the road as well and lifts are free.
    For downhill, Chatel is the place to go. I could just spend all week on Air Voltage :-)
  • Thanks for the reply. I'm more of a Enduro and Trail guy but hope to get more into Downhill over the next year or so.

I'm guessing the others you mentioned begin around July aswell, or also a not sure?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Yep. I'd highly recommended Les Arcs for trail and enduro.
    I've stayed at Mountain Bike Chalet. Two minutes ride from the lift, great food and accommodation and staff who ride and know where the best trails are. They'll organise your lift passes for you as well.
    It's a long old drive down there, mostly through very boring scenery. You'll need lots of Haribo and Redbull. Also worth noting that if you're caught by a French speed camera, they'll send you a letter in the post but can't legally come after you to issue points and a fine. I've ignored three tickets so far.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Also check out Bike Village and Trail Addiction they also run out of Les Arcs,if it's your first time somewhere personally would be worth being guided,not been to Les Arcs myself but I have been to Destination X with Trail Addiction,purely amazing week riding all singletrack old walking trails,most of these places are open late June to early September

but as Rockmonkey says Les Gets/Morzine ,are pretty smashed up,Samoens near there is good on enduro bikes,but I was there this summer and a lot of the trails were shut due to land slides
  • rockmonkeysc
    There's also an incredible route from Val d'isare back to Les Arcs. You can get up to Val with your bike on the bus.
  • johnas7
    johnas7 Posts: 39
    its usually around mid june. been to les gets the past 2 years and thats when we went. the passport soliel is usually on towards end of june aswell.