What you using for Zwift?

2»

Comments

• Wahoo mainly.
    Cycle computer: ELEMNT
    HRM: Tickr (and Tickr run for running)
    Speed & Candence: RPM Speed and RPM cadence sensors, magnetless like the garmin ones.
  • Sensors wise... Wahoo kickr..built in BT & ANT+ Stages G2, again ANT & BT...stages also covers the cadence, and a Garmin speed sensor (new one with rubber band round hub type).I have to say, before Stages I had a Wahoo cadence BT only..it was easy to fit/discreet etc, but was very intermittent in consistent connection, but then again I have had all the Garmins, and the BT Smart, where its meant to show up on screen for calls/texts etc..hit and miss, depending on where your phone is, and the level of protection you give it...mine is kept in a Belroy waterproof leather pouch... the equivalent of Supermans fortress of Solitude to keep out the Krypton rays!!! I don't think the BT signal between phone/devices is strong enough, hence I have gone "back" to a Garmin 810, and realistically, I don't really care if anyone rings me while I am cycling, I can physically check my phone now/again whilst out.
  • Streaming from my desktop to my old laptop which wouldnt run zwift using a program called teamviewer to remote desktop. Works like a charm with virtually no lag/input lag. I connect my 4iiii PWM to zwift mobile link via bluetooth.
  • delv4
    delv4 Posts: 28
    2010 MacBook Pro here with AMD Radeon HD 6750M GPU and works flawlessly
  • Use kickr and tickr and the wahoo cadence sensor that came with the turbo. Zwift app on either an iPad air2 or Mac mini. If I use the Mac mini I use an Ant+ donglewith a USB extension lead. All been pretty much faultless, just one issue with the app crashing on the iPad, but charge was low. Worked ok once it was plugged in charging.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    I'm using one of the Tacx Flow Smarts that Halfords are knocking out for £189, with a cheap ANT+ dongle on an Alienware laptop. HR is fed from a Garmin strap and power and cadence readings come from a 4iiii Precision power meter to make it more consistent with data from my real world rides. All working well so far, and no set-up hassles.

I also use the Zwift utility thing on an Android phone, but only for taking snapshots so far.
  • niblue wrote:
    I also use the Zwift utility thing on an Android phone, but only for taking snapshots so far.

Pretty important if only so you can decide which way to turn at junctions!
  • Tacx Flow Smart
    Zwift on Ipad Air
    Apple TV hooked upto a 32" screen on the garage wall
    Iphone for the Zwift mobile app for turns, ride ons, snapshots, signing upto events.

The only thing which is annoying is there is currently no sound while air playing zwift to the TV, i believe this is coming in the next update. I think Zwift rushed to get the app out and missed/struggled to get the api for airplay sound sorted. I listen to music through an ipod dock anyways.