Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Di2

petraz
petraz Posts: 12
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi everybody,

I am thinking of buying the Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Di2. Anybody has any experience with the bike? Also, how is Canyon now with delivering times? have they fixed the problems they had or they are still so slow?

Comments

• Eittch
    Eittch Posts: 15
    Riding the Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL since November and am happy with the bike. Delivery times was c. 4 weeks (and thus 2 weeks shorter than the envisaged delivery time when I ordered). I guess you can be lucky or you can be not so lucky. I just had a look at their homepage and almost all CF SL 9.0 Di2 models are on stock (that is if you won't need a 2XL frame) so you should receive your bike reasonably fast.
  • petraz
    petraz Posts: 12
    Thanks a lot!
    How does this model of Canyon compared to something like Rose Xeon CGF-3100? ANy experience on that?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Rose Xeon CGF is in their marathon / endurance range, so will have a fairly different geometry to the Ultimate.

The Rose X-Lite CRS or Team should be more in line with the Ultimate. There is a Rose thread in the 'Your Bike' section of the forum, which may be worth looking through.
  • Eittch
    Eittch Posts: 15
    Actually the bike is not that different in terms of geometry. The X-Lite CRS is more racy in terms of geometry than the Ultimate SL and is more comparable to the Ultimate SLX. Do you have the possibility to testride one of the bikes?
  • patraz
    patraz Posts: 18
    Eittch wrote:
    Actually the bike is not that different in terms of geometry. The X-Lite CRS is more racy in terms of geometry than the Ultimate SL and is more comparable to the Ultimate SLX. Do you have the possibility to testride one of the bikes?

Unfortunately not... I am a bit far from them and don't know personally anyone around having them (and even if I find someone it will have to be the right size also). I am generally looking for a new bike to use in mostly endurance races (maybe 80-300km) in areas mostly flat with not super lot hills. I also though of a more aero bike and came across to planet-x EC130. Any opinion about this bike?
    Another big question is if it worths the investment to go from ultegra to ultegra Di2.. of course it's a big and tricky questions.. :P