Vision metron 55 clincher wheelset

Balazsgal
Balazsgal Posts: 65
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,looking for opinions on this wheelset,resistance,wet braking etc..... would use for daily flats spins,club tt's and criteriums.found the cheap now,should i consider this set over the reynolds strike slg?thanx for all the responses in advance.would be used on my tcr advanced sl.Or,just get the giants own slr1 aero wheelset for the same price?

Comments

• Can't speak for the 55's but I've got the 40 disc and the 81 on the TT bike. Only my opinion but both are great. Neither pair are particularly affected by crosswinds and the hubs run very smoothly, although they are better quality onew the 81's than the 40's.
    I've had reynolds assaults and also got fulcrum racing speed xlr and I find they brake more predictably than the reynolds and feel more forgiving than the xlr. I guess the 55 would be just as good. Hope that's of some help.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • noodleman wrote:
    Can't speak for the 55's but I've got the 40 disc and the 81 on the TT bike. Only my opinion but both are great. Neither pair are particularly affected by crosswinds and the hubs run very smoothly, although they are better quality onew the 81's than the 40's.
    I've had reynolds assaults and also got fulcrum racing speed xlr and I find they brake more predictably than the reynolds and feel more forgiving than the xlr. I guess the 55 would be just as good. Hope that's of some help.

Thank you so much for your input.Really thinking now between the metrons and giants own slr aero sets.thanx again
  • I believe the visions are lighter than the slr's. Only 100g or so in it but what with the lighter weight plus the visions are hand-built, I'd choose them over the giant wheels. Especially at the same price.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    I've got a pair of the 40's. Decent wheel's when it's all said and done, not the lightest but they're fairly tough. Wouldn't pay full retail for them, but if they're a good price then you've got nothing to lose.