Bought Cube AMS 125 rx 22inch 550EUR

adis dela
adis dela Posts: 4
edited December 2016 in MTB beginners
Hello to all,
I recently bought Cube AMS 125 rx 22inch, used ans in good conditions. The price was 550 EURs.
I would like to hear other opinions experiences because I am more road bike driver and do not have much experience with mtb and off road driving.
https://i.imgsafe.org/7da3486316.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/7da4b5b280.jpg

I drive a Focus culebro SL2 which I bought for about 700EURO also not new.
http://www.olx.ba/artikal/20499794/focu ... -cestovni/

Please comment and advise.
best regards,
Adis

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cube have a distinctive ride to them, its very suited to fast pedalling on rough terrain but not for typical UK riding, so how well it suites depends very much on how you'll ride it and where.

As for the price you paid, well if its in genuinely good condition its about right for the price.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not a great bike for technical riding. Fine for very non technical trails.
  • Not a great bike for technical riding. Fine for very non technical trails.
    The Rookie wrote:
    Cube have a distinctive ride to them, its very suited to fast pedalling on rough terrain but not for typical UK riding, so how well it suites depends very much on how you'll ride it and where.

As for the price you paid, well if its in genuinely good condition its about right for the price.

I will ride it mostly in the mountains on road streets that are mosrly wood streets and roads to weekend houses and villages in the hills.

The conditios of the bike is good. My frined is a very good mechanic and he just maintained thw bike and he did not found one part to replace. Every part is in function. Generaly the bike is in good shape. To me it does not look like it has been driven a lot and hard offroad. Seems like it was more a city bike by the tires and the breaks. Did not even need to replace them.

Thanks for your opinion.
  • Not a great bike for technical riding. Fine for very non technical trails.

Can you define closer tecnical driving. Most likely I will ride on the hills and the village roads.

Thanks for your post.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    adis dela wrote:
    Not a great bike for technical riding. Fine for very non technical trails.

Can you define closer tecnical driving. Most likely I will ride on the hills and the village roads.

Thanks for your post.

Mountain bike trails with lots of roots, rocks, steep sections, jumps etc. All the stuff that makes mountain biking fun.
    The rear suspension isn't very good. It's not sensitive to small bumps. Cube stopped making this bike after a couple years.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For riding on 'tracks' (so basically smooth without sharp features, single lumps and bumps like rocks and roots but not lots close together) they work OK.

The common complaint as RMSC says is they aren't very supple over smaller inputs but then when they do start moving they use all the travel quite quickly.

For a certain type of riding that works very well (UK magazines used to describe it as being 'European') for more challenging technical work its not that good.

From what you say I think it will work fine for your type of riding, make sure you have a 'shock pump' to adjust the suspension, get a friend to help you set the sag, that bike works better for the type of riding you describe with quite a lot of sag (about 33%) at the rear to keep it supple/smooth.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.