Garmin mount to Iphone?

Eittch
Eittch Posts: 15
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Dear all,
I ride a Canyon Ultimate with an Aero cockpit. With the bike came a Garmin mount fitted specifically for the cockpit. But: I do not own a Garmin, so far have recorded any rides with my iphone.
Does anybody know an adapter to attach my Iphone to the Garmin mount on the bike? Couldn't find anything by googling...
Thanks a lot for any ideas you might have!

Comments

• ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    Eittch wrote:
    Dear all,
    I ride a Canyon Ultimate with an Aero cockpit. With the bike came a Garmin mount fitted specifically for the cockpit. But: I do not own a Garmin, so far have recorded any rides with my iphone.
    Does anybody know an adapter to attach my Iphone to the Garmin mount on the bike? Couldn't find anything by googling...
    Thanks a lot for any ideas you might have!
    Find one of the thousands of broken Garmins that are out of warranty, hacksaw the back off it and epoxy it to the back of an old iphone 4S, running the Strava app, all set! :D
  • Eittch
    Ok, thanks, that definitely is an idea :shock:
    Maybe somebody knows about a more pre-fabricated product applying less violence to my electronics?
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Wouldn't risk a decent phone on the bars - too prone to damage in a crash....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    Dogears Garmin fix plate glues and screwed to your iPhone mount

Link Click

IMG_0032.png
  • Eittch
    Thanks to all of you. I found the Racewaredirect page but that looks really shaky...
    I think I will go with the Dogears plate and try to glue some stuff together...
    :twisted:
  • Or get a Wahoo RFLKT, currently £25 brand new direct from Wahoo.
    This will take the data from your phone and display it on your handlebars.
  • Eittch
    Thanks Ascot, that probably is the most convenient solution. Just ordered one for €29 at Wahoo. No MacGyvering necessary!