Do Zwift miles count towards Rapha Festive 500 total?

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to do the Rapha Festive 500 this year, but in case it turns out to be too icy or similar, I just wondered if anyone knows if Zwift miles count towards the total or not.

Cheers!

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    No idea but i dont think they should.
  • No they do not. This is a real world challenge only, it's the whole point of the Festive 500!

From the Strava page: "Manual entries and trainer rides will not count towards your Challenge effort."
  • Ok, calm down Lol

Cheers for the info guys :)
    No they do not. This is a real world challenge only, it's the whole point of the Festive 500!

From the Strava page: "Manual entries and trainer rides will not count towards your Challenge effort."
  • I'll be doing a mix of indoor/outdoor for my own 500 mentality.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Yet ironically trainer miles are harder than outdoor miles IMO.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Great stuff. Have a good 500 mate.

I agree, NapoleonD. No chance for a break on the downhills on a turbo! :)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Proper turbo sessions are hard but then you hear of people twiddling away for 5 hours plus.

You can make it easy if you want.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    You also have to factor in weather. Putting the intesity of the ride/turbo session aside some years Rapha 500s have been freezing cold, very wet or very windy affairs.
  • There's a definite morale association to riding outdoors in the pissing rain when there's a very decent smart trainer sat there offering you the same intensity - if not a lot more and the social aspect of riding with 40+ others. You're probably going to doing a Raphael 500 outdoors on your own or with at most one or two mates. Probably better on your own as their mudguards are probably crap too :)

Turbo is also more difficult. I've raced on Zwift and hit new highs in normalised power that I never hit this season in a real road race.

I hope it serves me well for next years antics.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • Second-to-last day last Xmas I was riding into horizontal rain in the small ring with my BB submerged... Turbo would have been bliss. The funny thing is I went out early in the worst weather because my daughter was heading back south to Glasgow on the train later in the day. I got back from my ride, just as the weather was improving, to hear that my daughter's train had been cancelled due to the bad weather...

This year I might do my own off-road Festive 300 - I don't need another sew-badge or beer mat.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    CRAIGO5000 wrote:
    There's a definite morale association to riding outdoors in the pissing rain when there's a very decent smart trainer sat there offering you the same intensity - if not a lot more and the social aspect of riding with 40+ others. You're probably going to doing a Raphael 500 outdoors on your own or with at most one or two mates. Probably better on your own as their mudguards are probably crap too :)

Turbo is also more difficult. I've raced on Zwift and hit new highs in normalised power that I never hit this season in a real road race.

I hope it serves me well for next years antics.

So in agreement.
    I am having to endure 2 hours worth of road work each working day... since September... so looking forward to 10 days off..
    Zwift is also pushing my limits like nothing before in indoor straining... very realistic and great for practising race craft.
    Investment for summer.. although that road work is not to be underrated.