Blaze Burner

lakesluddite
lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
I recently received one of these:

https://blaze.cc/rear-burner

Has anyone else received or bought one recently?

I had 'backed' the product on Kickstarter, having being enticed by the video etc, and the relatively good value of around £35 (if I remember rightly) for the backers.

So after the initial estimated delivery date of April this year, I finally got my hands on it!

I must say I am a little disappointed with the final product. I understand there were problems with the USB charger being a little fiddly, and I did select an option to wait for an upgrade on this component (allegedly the connection to the light was not great, but they said it was perfectly usable), but the charging cable I received still seemed to be...what I can best describe as not fit for purpose.
It comprises of two tiny metal connectors that 'marry' with two similar nodules on the light, and they are, I presume, supposed to snap together magnetically to connect and therefore charge the light. However the connection is hopeless, the connection so weak that the cable just drops off the light. I did manage to delicately manipulate the light and the cable into such a position that it would just about hold, so as long as there's not a gust of a draft around the house, it should charge, but after all the supposed attention to detail that meant further delays (us backers received many emails detailing these), to then be presented with this is rather disappointing.

Also the light itself is very heavy compared to other lights (I realise this may be due to heavier, better quality components). And IIRC I specified a red light, I received a black one!

Yeah, First World Problems I know, but still...

So has anyone else here backed this project and received their unit? Am I missing something? Are you happy/delighted/over the moon with yours?

Comments