Rear Mech Hanger screw

olly22
olly22 Posts: 21
edited December 2016 in Workshop
Hi All,

The screw that holds my mech hanger to my frame has fallen out. After a good search online I found the replacement hanger part number. It is a Cube X12 2090 AXH.

One of these...
https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/cube-dro ... 0.180.html

What it doesn't say is the size screw.

Would anyone know the size of the screw to this hanger? Or if hanger screws are all the same? I was thinking something like a M3x10mm countersunk?

Many Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not all the same no.

Get some cheap bolts from a hardware store to get the thread right then measure up and order the size you need.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    The Rookie wrote:
    Not all the same no.

Get some cheap bolts from a hardware store to get the thread right then measure up and order the size you need.

Or use a thread gauage which is designed for the purpose.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Indeed, but for most people they won't have one and they cost more than the 11p it would cost me at my hardware store for an m3 and an m4 bolt to try.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.