Any new Giant Tcr owner ?

Devastazione2
Devastazione2 Posts: 98
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Looking at the 2017 Advanced Pro 1. Coming from a Tarmac Sworks it seems this bike positionwise is even more racier. Can't beat the price,carbon wheels and full ultegra for 2600 euro ? Not even Canyon.

Comments

• 288GTO
    288GTO Posts: 79
    I just canceled my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX (due to massive delay) and ordered a Giant TCR Advanced SL 2 KOM instead. The bike comes with Ultegra mechanical and Giant carbon wheels but it will be replaced with my Zipp 404 NSW's wheels, Enve bar, and Dura Ace 9100 mechanical groupset. Can't wait to hit some pavement once the bike is complete next week.
  • 288GTO wrote:
    it will be replaced with my Zipp 404 NSW's wheels, Enve bar, and Dura Ace 9100 mechanical groupset.

If you have most of the parts already, why didn't you just buy a frameset?
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    288GTO wrote:
    it will be replaced with my Zipp 404 NSW's wheels, Enve bar, and Dura Ace 9100 mechanical groupset.

Ditto. If you are going to replace everything then why buy the whole bike!!!!

Just get a frame!
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    I have one and it works fine.
  • 288GTO
    288GTO Posts: 79
    288GTO wrote:

Only the disk version of the SL frameset is sold separately here in the U.S.
    I'll use the 404's on the new SL and the Giant wheels on my Defy. The Ultegras that come on the bike will be sold as my Defy already has the groupset. Pick up the bike today and will have it complete with Dura Ace by the end of the week :P