Which disc bike? Focus Izalco max vs Canyon endurace Vs Dale evo?

Fishboyz
Fishboyz Posts: 152
edited December 2016 in Road buying advice
Currently have a Caad12 disc with some nice carbon wheels by DCR

Happy to keep the wheels but ideally something a touch lighter.

Short list is

Canyon endurace SLX Dura ace - 3499
Focus Izalco Max Disc Dura ace mix - 3299
Cannondale supersix evo himod di2 disc- 4499 but with carbon clinchers

The Cannondale suites my build with a long upper body so definitely prefer a more race orientated or semi race set-up so synapse etc has head tube too large for me.

Any views or actual owners of the above?

Cheers

Comments

• I have been pondering the same, the Focus you are quoting is a 2016?

The New ones look better than the Dura-Ace mix imo, the 2016 Focus Izalco Max Red was the lightest disc bike at around 6.75kg. No reviews or published weights on the 2017 although I quite fancy the E-Tap 2017 but not the price!

TriUK list most of 2017 disc models but not much in the UK by the looks of it.

The Cannondale reviewed I think it was the standard mod and in Ultegra seemed a bit porky at 8.5kg. Not seen anything for the Di2 Hi Mod but I would have thought any weight saving for hi-mod lost on Di2.

If they have transferred the ride quality to the disc and have a slimmer version it will be lovely

The Canyon is endurance not sure that meets your requirement?

Lastly hotish topic on here but the Focus Izalco Max has their own QR Bolt thru system, for me that would swing it for me. The Cannondale is standard QR front and back I think.

I just prefer bolt thru as I struggle to get the back wheel on my Grade back in an identical position so it doesn't rub, I do after a bit of fiddling where as the front lines up without any adjustment nor any thought. Some get it right straight away.
  • oops
  • Fishboyz
    Fishboyz Posts: 152
    Cannondale Di2 evo hi mod is 7.4kg but most expensive of the bunch...the canyon I'll need a large and I'm not sure how low that integrated bar and stem could go
  • Fishboyz wrote:
    Cannondale Di2 evo hi mod is 7.4kg but most expensive of the bunch...the canyon I'll need a large and I'm not sure how low that integrated bar and stem could go
    Yeah forgot about the carbon wheels on the hi-mod. My Six Sram red 2014 is great ride if they have transferred it to the disc then I doubt you will be disappointed. But if you can get a ride on them if poss.
  • Not seen anything for the Di2 Hi Mod but I would have thought any weight saving for hi-mod lost on Di2.

Last I read, not that I particularly care, is that Di2 is now lighter than the cable equivalent (if what you were suggesting is that Di2 is heavier). At best there's very little in it either way.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH