Tacx Neo Again - is mine broken?

Cardinal-Red
Cardinal-Red Posts: 37
Hi,

I have a brand new Tacx Neo - on another thread I explained how I had problems with the power supply but I also understand you can use this without power, albeit with limited functionality.

Today I tried to use the trainer with Sufferfest App and had mixed results. I don't know how much of this is down to being unpowered etc. I got zero on my cadence readings, and also zero on the power reading. I then discovered that if I stopped, and started pedalling again, the power would register upto about 10W, then drop back down to nil.

I then tried on the Tacx Riding App and had exactly the same results - zero cadence and power (except when starting to pedal).

Both apps were on the iPad system.

Could anybody shed any light?

Comments

• stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Difficult to tell if it's tacx, ipad, bluetooth connection or app issue. Try a different app on a different device. For what it's worth I find trainerroad to have a very stable bluetooth connection, maybe try that as the app. I've only used ant on Sufferfest.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    To add, the neo holds a connection. If you connect to the tacx app or Sufferfest, etc, then always unplug the neo and close all the apps before you try something else. Otherwise it can get odd