Russian doping: 1,000+ athletes

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited December 2016 in Commuting chat
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/09/more-than-1000-russian-athletes-benefitted-from-state-sponsored-doping

McLaren report into doping in Russia is out. We knew it was bad, but it's actually...shocking.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• Does this affect my SCR number?
  • New FCN adjustment required for anyone with a Russian accent or whose name ends in ...chev??
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • I think we all know this goes down but the numbers are definitely eye opening. And that's just Russia!
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    Anyone with asthma should take -1 FCN penalty
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agreed, the TUE with asthma knocks a one off your FCN!

Read the summary on BBC sport earlier, it's not good reading, not just because of the number involved (huge) but for the clear evidence of state collusion.

One wonders how much pressure was brought to bear on the athletes, very reminiscent of the old USSR/GDR setups, the action taken to protect Rio was clearly fully justified.

Not mentioned but one assumes this means the out of competition testing was a risible farce.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I was watching the live conference earlier as background noise. I figured it was bad but it was next level.

They had a team of people dedicated to tampering and breaking into sealed urine samples! They even in one instance went as far as watering down some samples and using coffee to add consistency. The wrong DNA in different bottles, etc.

I did laugh when the British press tried to sneak TUEs into the conference during questions.
  • This story has likely been released as a distraction/propaganda story, head of MI6 goes public about Russia in Syria, same week a doping scandal. They were doing the same thing with the US presidential election and using the distraction to hide the passing of the "investigatory powers act" (the snoopers charter).

At the moment all of the anti-brexit media (including the British Brainwashing Corporation) are running pro-migrant propaganda, and we're seeing a lot more news and emotional reporting from Syria/Aleppo.
    Don't even get started on what's being fed to stay at home parents via the TV.

Seriously, it's bad, but why are we only hearing about it now?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,603
    Woah... rf-cafe-tinfoil-hat-design.jpg
  • MOARspeed wrote:

At the moment all of the anti-brexit media

???????? What...is this then?????? You been reading some foreign muck papers or something?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Jeezo, I thought it was safe outside of Pro Race...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!