tuesday, bonjour rosbifs

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

pour pinno, c'est très simple n'est-ce pas?

off to the eurostar, plan to have a few espressos in the lounge as the onboard coffee is dire

leaping kitten is watching you

za4v9bvrbovsqr8970tr.gif
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning from a cold a foggy Bradford, last day at work to day for 2016, hopefully I should be home for 2 oclock
  • Cute kitty.

Spent some time in a waiting room while the Other Half had the bi-annual skin check done. I'm lucky and have skin that makes the average buffalo hide look decidedly delicate. He's not, meaning twice a year getting at least a couple of BCC's excised and the rest frozen off. Perils of living in the Sunburnt Country I suppose...

Back to do some actual work tomorrow, if I can remember how. Must also remember not to insult clients if I can help it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    onboard brekkie has strawberry and banana muesli, eww, but i controlled my disappointment and declined the offer of a third pastry

on the plus side the onboard wifi is working remarkably well so far, usually it's terrible
  • If anyone knows a good glazier then please let me know as I'm just about ready to throw our home PC through the nearest window.

Other than that, porridge and metal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Must also remember not to insult clients if I can help it.
    I wouldn't bother. Just make sure you're smiling when you insult them, that way they think you like them and are only joking. The reality being very different. This even works over the phone.
    Another day in the office, managed to wobble in through the fog this morning. Toes were toasty and warm at least. Three pairs of thick merino socks for £4 from Planet X, although I was only wearing one pair.
    Had some nice comments from the school about the girl yesterday saying how well she was doing. She'd had a science test and had come top of the class. Very happy about that to say the least.
    Out for beer and curry again tonight.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    Tres tres simple - comme moi. Merci.

[Cute kitten]

They do say that the gift of the gab is the ability to tell a man to go to hell and he'll look forward to the trip.

Today is really really dull. 8am and it was pitch black.
    Must go do some work and head scratching.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Foggy daaaan saaaf as well, casually watched a car barrel down a turning lane only to meet a car that was actually turning, irony being feet from the firestation.

If anything fogs gotten thicker since so ill be watching for pirates etc, Breakfast today comprised of cheesecake and party rings, its one of those days already.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Had some nice comments from the school about the girl yesterday saying how well she was doing. She'd had a science test and had come top of the class. Very happy about that to say the least.

original.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,529
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Another day in the office, managed to wobble in through the fog this morning. Toes were toasty and warm at least. Three pairs of thick merino socks for £4 from Planet X, although I was only wearing one pair.
    I just went for layering up my feet with the two pairs of socks approach this morning. Looked a bit damp and grim when I set off but by time I got to the Walworth Road it seemed like a different day. Badly needed exercise anyhow.

Currently pondering whether I can still do the gravity trip later this month given I have so much on between now and Christmas - work and other stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    No riding, just sitting in traffic for me today, but as I'm close to the grandparents I can visit

Later is one more coat of paint on the bath and that's about it
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Tooth implants are just over a week old and I'm getting used to having "teeth" where there used to be a large gap.

Later is office based mincing.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    The fixie has arrived. I'm just going to phone the local hospital to book my bed.

Apart from that, fairly good day, so no complaints at all.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    only after three attempts to find a working machine and buying a book of tickets did i discover there's free travel on the metro today! due to high pollution apparently, but the tickets don't expire so i'm ready for next time

offset by the rer b being perturbé by what sounded like electrical failure, couldn't decipher the full announcement even after several repetitions

positive meeting with the representative of the borg

nice view over the seine to the eiffel tower from my room, off to use my free drink voucher in the bar before i start on the billable drinking before the drinks with dinner and the after dinner drinks

edit; on the second large beer just discovered it's nearly 7℅, hic :D