Oldest BR washing machine

briantrumpet
briantrumpet Posts: 17,930
edited December 2016 in The cake stop
I've just realised that my Electrolux Logic 1000 is 30 years old this year, and has never had a breakdown or repair. But I'm sure that there are machines out there in the BR community in regular use that can beat that...

Comments

• I had a Bosch that was around 20 years old but there comes a point when the water and energy efficiency of modern machines (and detergents) makes replacing it the better thing to do.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,930
    Given that it replaced a twin tub, the current machine still seems like the epitome of modernity & sophistication.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    I selected mine in the mid 80's.
    She makes a lot of grumbling noises from time to time and requires frequent servicing.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Our Bosch is about 14 years - had a new drum under warranty though that was a coin getting stuck between the inner and out drum (apparently shouldn't have been a warranty job but the engineer did us a favour), a new door sourced off ebay and I replaced the bushes in the motor a few years ago which considering I had no idea what bushes in an electric motor were before it broke was surprisingly easy. That's with 5 of us plus 2 dogs in the house so can't complain but not looking at replacing it any time soon.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    We had one in a rented house at uni which was so old all the white plastic had faded and cracked, one afternoon we heard a massive smash and the glass window had fallen out and shattered into a million pieces on the floor. Not quite sure how old it was but a quick google of 1980s hotpoint washing machines would suggest it was ~1987 ish
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited December 2016
    My washing machine isn't very old but my kettle has to be in the top ten BR oldest kettles! (about 55 years old)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I've just inherited a Philips tumble dryer from my parents they got in 1984 as a wedding present. It's 4 years older than me.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Our old washing machine lasted about 20 years, replaced the drum bearings twice in that time, and we were given it by a friend that was moving house. No idea how old it was when we got it.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    The steps to my parents' house are about 220 years old. Does that count?

Edit: not a washing machine, but my mum has a hairdryer that must be 40 years old