saturday, in the tenth second of forever i thought of the sea and a white yacht drifting

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,526
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride with cafe stops, one with a mince pie

shop, wrap pressies, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    First ride in ages and it's over to Bentley motors for the eldest rugrats first driving lesson. So time is tight and there won't be food stops :(

After the lesson they are all going out for lunch, I need to get back for lumberjack duty and begrudgingly pay for some logs as mine aren't ready yet :(

I assume later will be pub based
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    'Tis the season for logging, logging and more logging. Brother coming over to help out with sawin' 'n' splittin' in return for taking away a load for himself. And that'll be daylight hours pretty well sorted so turbo session later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Yesterday: Drop toots to educational institute, eat, sleep, bike ride, pick toots up from educational institute, cook, put toots to bed, wash up, tidy sleep. watch silly cr4p on TV, sleep.

Today: WTF happened yesterday? All seems like a blur.

Tortilla Wraps later with extra extra hot Salsa in a vain attempt to clear the tubes out.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Tortilla Wraps later with extra extra hot Salsa in a vain attempt to clear the tubes out.

for tube clearing this works extremely well, if you get the chilis right it also numbs a sore throat, serves 1 or 2 depending on appetite...
    500g pork fillet or loin
    half a ripe pineapple
    8-10 hot chilis
    1 red/green pepper
    piece of ginger about 2cm cube

trim any fat or membrane from the pork, then cut it into generous bite-sized pieces

to prepare the pineapple, remove the rind and cut out any remaining spiky pieces from around the edge of the flesh, remove the core, leaving just the tender flesh, cut it into pieces the same size as the pork

cut the pepper into strips about 3-4cm long and 1cm wide

finely chop the chilis

finely chop the ginger

heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan on high heat, when it is hot put the pork in, make sure the pieces of pork aren't stuck together

as soon as the pork has browned on one side, turn the pieces over then add the slices of pepper, as soon as the pork has sealed on the other side, add the pineapple

it is important that the pan is hot enough to stir fry things otherwise things will start to boil instead and the meat will go dry

make sure the pineapple does not burn, stir/turn everything together, once the pineapple starts to just brown a bit add the chilis and let them fry for 30 seconds, keep stirring

finally add the ginger and stir for another 30-60 seconds or so then serve with sweetcorn (jolly green giant/similar the one with no added sugar, cold not heated) and sauté potatoes. at the side have a bowl of shoyu soy sauce for dipping and some ketchup
  • pinno
    Mmm... Might try that. I'm pretty sure 8-10 chilli's in anything will have some effect. I do something similar with Chicken. Problem is, Ginger (though I like the stuff) gives me heartburn. I do like Sautee'd potatoes. I cook Red Rooster one's to within an inch of their lives and fry them. Lovely and crispy.

That's not a Toots compatible meal or else i'm cooking twice, so it will have to be left for some evening when the OH and I have some time together (Tuesday's and Thursday's).
  • Peaked too early today, need a little lie down
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    Peaked too early today...

Was that the getting out of bed bit wot did it?
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Mmm... Might try that. I'm pretty sure 8-10 chilli's in anything will have some effect. I do something similar with Chicken. Problem is, Ginger (though I like the stuff) gives me heartburn. I do like Sautee'd potatoes. I cook Red Rooster one's to within an inch of their lives and fry them. Lovely and crispy.

That's not a Toots compatible meal or else i'm cooking twice, so it will have to be left for some evening when the OH and I have some time together (Tuesday's and Thursday's).

it works ok without the ginger, it's the peppers+pineapple that are essential - each forkful should have pork+pepper+pineaple to give the most delectable mouthful

as you only add chilis in the last minute - otherwise they overcook and lose heat - what i do is dish-up the non-incendiary version, then add the chilis to the rest and give it another 30-60 seconds

btw don't add garlic, i find it really clashes with the pineapple!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Peaked too early today, need a little lie down
    Same here, trouble is I haven't really done anything other than glue myself to a glass bauble.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Same here, trouble is I haven't really done anything other than glue myself to a glass bauble.

Are you still glued to it?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,462
    Lots of jobs done despite having a lie in till 9. Have to go see Stropteen play in a concert tonight :roll: At least we'll be back in time for Match of the Day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Are you still glued to it?
    No, but it is now held together with a composite of super glue and skin. That makes it stronger i believe.
    Off out to a neughbour's 40th in the pub down the road. Could get messy but crawling distance from home.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, been a smidge busy today, new bars on the bike cables sorted an bars wrapped, New tree bought as our old one was getting tatty. Cant have a real one I look after a friends dog an he nibbles them. Lights up out front twinkling away now darkness has descended.

Those wraps look tempting may give them a jab tomorrow.
    I'm doing the mince pie mix tonight, gone for a boozy one. Brandy, Rum, Orange an Lemon. Cointreau in lieu of orange juice is fine ;), cant find anything lemon with alcohol in it but it should be enough.

Off for a curry a bit later so should make for interesting times.
  • sungod
    limoncello for lemon+alcohol, though most are very (far too) sweet
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    2/3rd of logpile planned for dismemberment despatched successfully when the chainsaw chain brake handle sheared locking it on. Briefly toyed with idea of prising off the chain brake and carrying on brake-free before sense of self-preservation prevailed and chainsaw set aside to go to the menders Monday. Beers and Chinese takeaway successfully consumed. And that'll do nicely.