Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

TdY, no not TdF

pinnopinno Posts: 40,264
edited December 2016 in Pro race
Route unveiled.

http://letour.yorkshire.com

They are going up that horrible 1 in 3 in Robin Hoods Bay on Stage 1. I walked up it once eons ago whilst on holiday. It's a brute. "Cote de Robin Hood's Bay". Lol

http://www.travel-yorkshire.co.uk/Robin ... y_town.jpg
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Posts

  • joelsimjoelsim Posts: 7,552
    Shibden Wall looks a little tricky on stage 3 too.
  • sniper68sniper68 Posts: 2,899
    Ewden Bank aka Deliverance will be tricky so close to the end of Stage 3 too.
  • RiggaRigga Posts: 939
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Ewden Bank aka Deliverance will be tricky so close to the end of Stage 3 too.

    And then the climb up Mortimer road a couple of miles later which is just as hard!
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Great news !! Comes through our village Looks like we will get our roads resurfaced :D
  • joelsimjoelsim Posts: 7,552
    Great news !! Comes through our village Looks like we will get our roads resurfaced :D

    Probably not if they continue to call them Côte de slug & lettuce and suchlike. Not these days.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    ????
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 24,308
    edited December 2016
    ????
    I think that Joel is trying to point out that this country has overwhelmingly (by a majority of almost 4%) voted to reject all foreign influence. Therefore, a Cote de Slug et Lettuce must be seen as a migrant hill and not receive any benefits. If it were to rebrand to 'Empire Rise', 'Alf Garnett Mound' or 'Two world wars and won world cup Hill', it will be resurfaced
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    And Gary verity will become a lord !! :)
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,264
    RichN95 wrote:
    ????
    I think that Joel is trying to point out that this country has overwhelmingly (by a majority of almost 4%) voted to reject all foreign influence. Therefore, a Cote de Slug et Lettuce must be seen as a migrant hill and not receive any benefits. If it were to rebrand to 'Empire Rise', 'Alf Garnett Mound' or 'Two world wars and won world cup Hill', it will be resurfaced

    Alternatively, we could go silly and celebrate one of our Great Britons - John Louden McAdam.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Looking forward to this already.

    I have been particularly unmoved by the TdY so far but last year I got into it a bit.
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,015
    joelsim wrote:
    Shibden Wall looks a little tricky on stage 3 too.

    Yep - it's one thing going up solo and finding the few bits where there aren't huge crevasses between the cobbles but climbing it as a peloton is something else. They'll do well not to crash on it. And if they do, restarting could be fun.
    Faster than a tent.......
Sign In or Register to comment.