friday, is spacetime fundamentally continuous, or is it discrete?

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

well, we just don't know

i do know that i shall go to the cafe and the office

then probably the cafe again

but there's always some uncertainty

boom boom
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    spacetime as in dropping some tablets?

Morning

Today is working from home after spending yesterday sat on different motorways. It works well though, as it's Friday and that means family pub night
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning all,
    Up early and in the office for another day of abusing customers and colleagues. The local by election was won by the Lib Dems which was a surprise with the Conservatives throwing their weight behind their unofficial candidate. I think that was his anti EU stance biting him on the aris' in a very pro EU area. His mayoral campaign didn't win him many friends either.
    Roll on the weekend...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Back at work again today. I say back at work I really mean WFH to take delivery of a new fridge/freezer which we have been missing for over a week, plus I accidentally got drunk last night so I feel even more dreadful than I would otherwise...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

If you followed the classical theory of relativity it would be discrete but that fails to take into account quantum theory which indicates distances over a Planck length of around 10 to the power of −33 cm its is continuous, but less than that its not been proven either way.
    Anyway, way to early to be discussing String Theory Sungod, not even had a coffee yet!

Today it appears no one it at the tiller so no doubt we will veer off wildly in the next half hour or so. This evening shall be spent mainly sleeving and terminating cables for the car so very sore fingers later.
  • Gym, coffee, porridge, office, site visits (including haircut), pay contractors, long lunch, pay more contractors, tea, tea and more tea, home, Westworld, quiet evening in with the family.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    TLW1 wrote:
    spacetime as in dropping some tablets?

SG - BB's own space cadet.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...The local by election was won by the Lib Dems which was a surprise with the Conservatives throwing their weight behind their unofficial candidate...

Was wifey thing manning the Polling station? Did you fetch tea and biscuits for her?

Moaning... Nah, won't bother. No one would listen. Me farqed me but will go pedal. Just do not know what the weather is doing.

@Oxoman: You could combine the two; fighting in Mancunian land and training, Equally achievable.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...The local by election was won by the Lib Dems which was a surprise with the Conservatives throwing their weight behind their unofficial candidate...
    Was wifey thing manning the Polling station? Did you fetch tea and biscuits for her?
    Her usual one is in a different constituency, she was at another polling station a few miles away or a 45 minute drive. Said it was bloody freezing being an old church with next to no heating and having to keep the doors open all day. She was rather tired when she got in. She has the day off to recover today and is putting up Christmas decorations at home.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Had my first Carol service of the season last night - my 10yr old was in the school choir. Free mince pies guzzled.

Sat up and watched by-election coverage when early reports said result would be interesting. So not much sleep. WFH with Telecon later, then doing bare minimum to prove to my boss I exist, then the weekend starts.
  • haydenm
    Don't know why I bother with Currys/PC World, every time I've dealt with their 'Know how' t0ssers they manage to completely fuck something up. The totally inept, cockmunching thunderpricks 'had a problem with delivery' last night and they only cover our area on Fridays so we have yet another week with no fridge freezer. I'm not wasting a days holiday next Friday but I don't know how else we would get a fridge freezer faster, the GF is not happy...

On the plus side my new CX tyres are looking smart on the Genesis
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning ladies,

Had two chocolates from my calendar today (didn't get yesterdays).

Solid ride last night, pretty dry but the road was covered in damp as I noticed when the Date yelled at me for bringing the Toy into the house.. pfft kick her out and the bike can stay I think.

Stevo still drooling?

Ox - Manchester or Liverpool which would make you check your car the hardest.

How do you accidentally get drunk?

I'm no lib dem fan however it does make me smile that they won and everyone else left.

Wine later with Date then beer and burger with best mate

Hay - John Lewis ;0 embrace your desire to me a 50 year old middle class suburbanite
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    Flâneur wrote:

Hay - John Lewis ;0 embrace your desire to me a 50 year old middle class suburbanite

It was more unplanned than accidentally but I wasn't expecting it to have such an effect. The pharmacist said it would be OK to drink on my antibiotics (in a round about way), turns out I should have guessed than having the squits and not eating much would severely lower my ability not to make a fool of myself...

Closest John Lewis is atleast an hour away but they have next day delivery for £20 so that might be a very good shout! Thanks
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Closest John Lewis is atleast an hour away but they have next day delivery for £20 so that might be a very good shout! Thanks
    Being a nearly 50 suburbanite with John Lewis down the road I try to buy all my electricals from them, so easy to deal with if there's a problem. And they are polite about it.
  • haydenm
    They don't seem to have quite what we want but have much more delivery flexibility than someone like co-op electrical. We are also viewing a house tomorrow which we are keen on which happens to have a built in one, we would still need a fridge in the meantime though
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Being a nearly 50 suburbanite with John Lewis down the road I try to buy all my electricals from them, so easy to deal with if there's a problem. And they are polite about it.

Being sub 30, I buy nearly everything from there, Dates presents/make up / bed linen and most definitely their electronics. The next day delivery appears pricey but then I think fuck its a fridge or table, I need it and oh they bring it in unpack it take the rubbish away etc etc
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo still drooling?
    No drooling involved as no drilling or anything like that, thankfully. Just feels a bit different when I'm chewing my sandwiches.

Another busy day to round off a busy week - only 4 hours to go...then a busy weekend :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another busy day to round off a busy week - only 4 hours to go...then a busy weekend :roll:

Still living the dream I see :lol::lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?

Dunno :lol: :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?

how was jail?
  • arran77
    TLW1 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?

how was jail?

Nice thanks.

All the nonces made this place look respectable :lol:

seanoconn
  • HaydenM wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

It was more unplanned than accidentally but I wasn't expecting it to have such an effect. The pharmacist said it would be OK to drink on my antibiotics (in a round about way), turns out I should have guessed than having the squits and not eating much would severely lower my ability not to make a fool of myself...

I used AO.com when I needed a fridge/freezer quickly, couldn't fault their service.
  • take the cat to the vet

Broken radius, today's trip was a few quid more than a new set of racing 5s.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Kin 'ell. What's up - have you rid the universe of crayons or something? :D

Btw you're needed over in Cake Stop...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    take the cat to the vet

Broken radius, today's trip was a few quid more than a new set of racing 5s.
    Set of Racing 5s, a couple of bricks and a cloth sack would have been my preferred option.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    arran77 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?

how was jail?

Nice thanks.

Oh now it's alright to associate wiv us lot, you just waltz back in, no explanation, treat this place like a hotel, not a care how we've been, not even a postcard, don't even think of putting your feet under this metaphorical table, where were you when we needed you, oh no ain't a minute gone too far there, go to your room and think about what you've done :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?

how was jail?

Nice thanks.

Oh now it's alright to associate wiv us lot, you just waltz back in, no explanation, treat this place like a hotel, not a care how we've been, not even a postcard, don't even think of putting your feet under this metaphorical table, where were you when we needed you, oh no ain't a minute gone too far there, go to your room and think about what you've done :D

fcuking hell
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    He's right though Sloppy. I think Arran needs to explain himself and if the answer is not good enough, i'll send him back personally.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    seems clear, he was abducted by aliens, probed, memory erased, and dumped back here

aside from some residual tenderness from the probing, which he puts down to an unfortunate mistake in a badly-lit bar, he has no idea what happened
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Kin 'ell. What's up - have you rid the universe of crayons or something? :D

Btw you're needed over in Cake Stop...

Something like that :lol:

Changed jobs and now work for a company where we get other people (my old company) to do our colouring in :P :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Who the f*** are you?

how was jail?

Nice thanks.

Maybe TLW1 figured it out already :lol:

How's the bubble car and the pussy? :mrgreen:

seanoconn